The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Cheltenham 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Good to see

Go Native

win like the class horse he is today!Mind you something made him look one paced last year!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Spot on TAPK, as long as he avoids you know who, he should have a decent shot at a couple of Grade 1s

itshimself
    • Total Posts 6

Can I throw in Henderson’s Riverside Theatre as a possible improver this year. He dodged Cheltenham last year and will be worth following. I know the trainer thinks a good bit off him.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Just for TAPK – this taken from the Chasers & Hurdlers essay on Mikael D’Haguenet:

"He has been installed as favourite for the RSA Chase, the top championship event for staying novice chasers and a race his stable has won in the past with Florida Pearl and Rule Supreme, as well as with Cooldine. The yard has no shortage of candidates for that race though, with Fiveforthree probably the best at this stage, and it wouldn’t be a great surprise if Mikael d’Haguenet ended up going for the Arkle, in which he might well come up against Cousin Vinny again. Mikael d’Haguenet certainly possesses enough speed to be fully effective at 2m on a stiff track like Cheltenham."

:wink:

• Total Posts 2184

They had been told Grassy!

This one will run and run until Willie confirms his target.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

They had been told Grassy!

This one will run and run until Willie confirms his target.

If ever a horse wasn"t a 2m Chaser its this fellow Chaps!

Participant
    • Total Posts 441

Glad we took the early Arkle prices about Mikhael then Grassy.

petercreek
    • Total Posts 51

Cheltenham Preview Evening

With talk of Cheltenham Preview evenings I thought I should mention I will once again be hosting a Preview evening in Stow-on-the-Wold (25 mins from Cheltenham)on the Monday evening before Cheltenham. The event starts at 7.30pm giving everybody chance to get back from racing at Stratford earlier that day. We have so far confirmed the presence of Tom Symonds (Nicky Hendersons Asst) and one of the stable jocks – last year Felix de Giles and are hoping to once again get along some of the Ladbrokes lads.

Last years event was well attended and lots of winners were given including Punjabi (given over Binocular!! intersting to know JP had not a penny on!), Forpadydeplasterer as well as Dunguib and lots more.

I would get more details up nearer the time confirming timings etc

Cheers
    For more info and tips see http://www.thecotswoldtipster.blogspot.com

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Happy to double-up on our Mikael wager, TAPK.

My stake against your stake – Hurricane Fly finishes in front of Celestial Halo in the 2010 Champion Hurdle….NRNB.

Its all gone quiet over there!

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

2m RH flat track vs. 2m left handed undulations.

Effects nothing Gord ;)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

2m RH flat track vs. 2m left handed undulations.

Effects nothing Gord ;)

Halved in price effects a lot and Celestial has no preference to courses either,its nice to know he will bound up the Cheltenham hill though!Others still have to try!Take my word for it Irish, Celestial is the horse to beat in this seasons Champion hurdle!

Barker
    • Total Posts 55

Willie talks about all his Cheltenham prospects!

http://bettingnews.boylesports.com/hors … erview.php

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Happy to double-up on our Mikael wager, TAPK.

My stake against your stake – Hurricane Fly finishes in front of Celestial Halo in the 2010 Champion Hurdle….NRNB.

Same stake Grass, completely seperate bet though,both horses must start the race! Interesting how in a match at current prices Hurricane would be 4/7 and Celestial 7/4, you are favoured yet again but TAPK knows his stuff! cometh the day of reckoning Celestial will only have had 2 runs as he is being laid out for it,Hurricane on the other hand will have no doubt sauntered around several times,he may even be an odds on fav on the day,but until i see him sauntering up the Cheltenham hill i am happy to have the "Celestial Halo" hovering over my Crown! Good Luck

4/5 The Hurricane,5/4 Celestial Halo,the gaps closing Grass!

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

To be fair, TAPK, I’d say it’s even-money the pair just now, with slightly dwindling confidence in Hurricane Fly.

Celestial Halo’s win in the Elite Hurdle might be hard to assess from a ratings perspective, but ehat’s not in doubt was the visally impressive performance, and he really jumped super.

I’d say there’s a good chance he’ll turn out better than I expected he might, and Hurricane Fly is going to have to improve a fair old bit from Punchestown, to beat Celestial Halo in a Champion Hurdle.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

To be fair, TAPK, I’d say it’s even-money the pair just now, with slightly dwindling confidence in Hurricane Fly Hurricane Fly is going to have to improve a fair old bit from Punchestown, to beat Celestial Halo in a Champion Hurdle.

Said like a true sporting gentleman,who has just realised he forgot to cock his pistol,as he turns on the 10th step!
    Early days Grass,i know that!But anyone who knows their horses knows the Hurricane who turned up on Sunday,wouldn"t have shifted the leaves off my yard!

• Total Posts 2184

Punchestown or Wincanton in November is not Cheltenham in March as you well know TAPK :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Punchestown or Wincanton in November is not Cheltenham in March as you well know TAPK :wink:

Couldn"t agree more Sir!But as much as i admire the Hurricane,i am afraid you know as well as me,that run on Sunday will give Mr Mullins sleepless nights!

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.