The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Channel 4 Chester coverage

Home Forums Horse Racing Channel 4 Chester coverage

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    aidanldrebin
    • Total Posts 171

Poor again. I thought racing was about horses not just betting and fashion. Breaks every 10 minutes and also how laughable is the opening part with sugar sweet Leslie Graham and Mike Cattermole. Racing coverage is getting worse!

Also what was the Guineas all about? I couldn’t track my horse as we were in an ariel shot until the final furlong. Awful coverage.

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Agree, the pictures from the inside of the track at Chester are woeful and the irrelevant stats from Mac & Tanya tiresome. Has Francome given a paddock negative yet?

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4568

Quote: from yeats on 1:40 pm on May 11, 2007[br]Has Francome given a paddock negative yet?

Presumably he’s under instructions not to in case it p***es off the connections.

(Edited by robnorth at 1:56 pm on May 11, 2007)

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I quite liked the aerial shot in the guineas to be honest, gave a better impression of how horses were travelling unlike a head on.

To be fair to cattermole I reckon he’s scored with the blond irish girl ;)

I always think Chester just seems better when its sunny… God knows why… :)

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

I thought the overhead shot in the Guineas was ridiculous. Ok play it back later on by all means with an aireal view but don’t show a live race like that. You can’t track a horse like that and lets face it that’s the whole point when someone has their money on.

On the plus side at least Channel 4 have got rid of that Turftrax stuff on the screen which used to destroy the visual coverage.

Message C4 – Turftrax now overhead view – No, stop it – keep it simple, it’s better.

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Quote: from Flash on 2:36 pm on May 11, 2007[br]

On the plus side at least Channel 4 have got rid of that Turftrax stuff on the screen which used to destroy the visual coverage.  

Think it was the other way round or no doubt we would still be treated to them.<br>Why don’t they give the pictures the majority of viewers want instead of all these arty farty ones?<br>Can’t see it ever changing though unfortunately.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

ruk has been ok <br>you only get what you pay for!

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I didnt like the overhead shot at all…

Have it in a review…yes..but not live

Was one of the rare occasions ive crept onto C4 lately. And it reminded me how good RUK is….

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Quote: from Seagull on 2:54 pm on May 11, 2007[br]ruk has been ok <br>you only get what you pay for!<br>

How much is it Seagull?<br>Think the 3 second delay is annoying and a negative for me.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>Yeats,

Setanta are apparently offering a £5 per month introductory deal, much to the annoyance of loyal customers that have paid the full whack!

That includes RUK  along with their football and golf coverage and I believe the low price lasts six months.

AP

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

I find constant changes of angle annoying.

I am colour blind and just as I have established where my horse is, the angle changes and I’ve lost the bloody thing!!!!:angry: :biggrin:

Colin

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Quote: from seabird on 5:24 pm on May 11, 2007[br]I find constant changes of angle annoying.

Agreed. Just keep the one angle.

Again changing of angles is something they can use when re-running a race. When an actual live race is being run a punter needs to be able to pick out his horse and focus on it. I’m sure very few people want changing angles and fancy views.

(Edited by Flash at 5:31 pm on May 11, 2007)

runandskip
    • Total Posts 412

they never seem to show live paddock coverage anymore. its always a qwick video of the horses in the paddock while they are down at the start, even for a race like the guineas.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from Black_Sam_Bellamy on 6:30 pm on May 11, 2007[br]Setanta deal is £5 for three months…£15 thereafter

Only signed up for the package 3 weeks ago. just my luck.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Yeats,<br>I used to get ruk through ntl they never ever sent me the correct bill until the last few months before Sir Richard took over. <br>Overall the billing they had was useless and some months they only charged under a fiver for cable tv with sports channels and unlimited phone calls. (limited to an hour and then re dial)  <br>I dont want to rock the boat and get anyone to look at my account but a £43.00 bill went down as a credit of £4,300 and at present we are told we dont owe any money but the credit is now under £4k :( <br>I think Richard Branson is ok<br>ruk is ok

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.