The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Hurdle 2014

Home Forums Archive Topics Champion Hurdle 2014

Viewing 17 posts - 171 through 187 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33000

Tom Segal rarely tips one as short as 4/1, but has MTOY. So that’s the reason for him shortening tonight Trendyrich.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Final piece of value on the eve of the race: EW Jezki at 7s without The New One – Betvictor

Good luck all

Joe

A subjective perception of value on my part, Ginger (though they all are, I suppose), as TNO is the only one of the ‘top ones’ that I fancy, so am looking for a chance to get paid on both.

Can’t see The Fly doing it with the likely hot pace: Our Conor will find nil off bridle, imo, and MTOY was given credit as a battler at Kempton when he was gifted ‘first run’ at a critical stage: I suspect he’ll be found wanting come tough-it-out time.

I still believe MR could turn out the surprise package of them all, but I’m happy with what I have going in here and have done a fair bit of trading too.

Good luck

Participant
    • Total Posts 33000

Can’t argue with much of that Joe. Jezki being well backed this morning, to my surprise 7/1 without TNO could yet look good value! Melodic Rendezvous also just about comes out good value on my workings out; a 3.75% chance @ 33/1. No margin for error there though so not got involved myself

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 790

I’ve backed The New One with Laddies, Money Back as a free bet if the Fly is first or second.

I’m tempted to have a bit E.W on Melodic to, I agree with Joe I think he will fly up the hill.

Could we see him over 3 miles next year?

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Seems like a false economy with Laddies today – their prices are very skinny on the top 5 in the betting on pretty much all of the races compared with the other big names.

• Total Posts 1982

We all look forward to great races – this is a special race.

I’m a fan of The New One and MTOY, with preference for the former around Cheltenham. If The Fly is buzzing around with a chance at the final obstacle, expect the cheer emanating from the grandstand to reverberate around the country!

The New One to beat MTOY and Hurricane Fly.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

That is how you ride Jezki

Brilliant stuff from Geraghty.

• Total Posts 1982

The New One = Champion Without a Crown

• Total Posts 1217

Think TNO would’ve got there without the interference, let’s hope Our Conor is OK. Jezki did it well, MTOY didn’t find much, HF outpaced by younger legs.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Given all the hype Jezki must now be one of the all-time greats. How we must have underestimated him or perhaps it wasn’t quite the vintage edition seemingly every pundit would have us believe?

• Total Posts 1982

Think TNO would’ve got there without the interference, let’s hope Our Conor is OK. Jezki did it well, MTOY didn’t find much, HF outpaced by younger legs.

Momentum is a key aspect of any race, particularly in a two mile championship race over hurdles.

The New One lost half a dozen lengths and had to build momentum again at a crucial stage. It’s not even a case of ‘would he? / wouldn’t he?’ – the answer is as clear as your reflection in a magic mirror.

The cold hard truth is that he would have won…’Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the true champion scuppered by a fall?’

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1667

Sickening fall from Our Conor. Really sucked my enthusiasm for the race.

Really hope he’s OK.

• Total Posts 1982

Sickening fall from Our Conor. Really sucked my enthusiasm for the race.

Really hope he’s OK.

Second that, BH.

Falling at that speed, your life is always in the lap of the gods.

Fingers crossed…

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

r.i.p Our Conor.

terrible and my condolences to connections.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

So sorry for Our Conor and connections . . .

Participant
    • Total Posts 33000

Such an anti-climax. Went in to the race with four having form good enough to win an average Champion, with a fifth just behind those.

MTOY pulled hard early.
    OC fatally fell
    TNO badly hampered.
    HF age catching up with him, below form.
    J didnt settle early either but better than owner companion. Improved with hood.

Well done to Joe and those who backed the winner. But it is a race that poses more questions than answers. Sadly some will never be answered. RIP Our Conor.

Value Is Everything
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1667

Such an anti-climax. Went in to the race with four having form good enough to win an average Champion, with a fifth just behind those.

MTOY pulled hard early.
    OC fatally fell
    TNO badly hampered.
    HF age catching up with him, below form.
    J didnt settle early either but better than owner companion. Improved with hood.

Well done to Joe and those who backed the winner. But it is a race that poses more questions than answers. Sadly some will never be answered. RIP Our Conor.

The most eagerly anticipated renewal since 2002 with an eerily similar after taste.

Viewing 17 posts - 171 through 187 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.