The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Hurdle 2012

Home Forums Archive Topics Champion Hurdle 2012

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 323 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

It’s 12pm, market’s just been suspended on Betfair due to the 5-day entry stage. And I’m writing this to tell you that Spirit Son will be supplemented for the Champion Hurdle.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Was it you that tweeted, Spirit Son in Champion Hurdle, Henderson goes to jail. :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Yes. Apparently there are 12 entries. Bearing in mind my bet is 11 or fewer runners, if Spirit Son is indeed entered, I cannot tell you how angry I will be.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

I too think Zarkandar could be special. Apparently he doesn’t show much at home – Ruby passed him over last year and has ridden him just twice, each time the horse was not at his best.

At Aintree he’d had a cyst/boil lanced in his mouth just days before and at Newbury he came back with ‘a filthy nose and a cough’

Still unexposed and with the track and pace, hopefully, in his favour, I think he will win.

I can’t have Binocular. His trainer and jockey never seem to know whether he is on song or not, what chance do punters have?

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Makes no sense running Spirit Son mind since his last race was beating Cue Card last April.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I fell for the conspiracy and jumped the gun apparently.

Apparently, the 12 declared are;

Binocular (FR) 8 11 10
    Brampour (IRE) 5 11 10
    Celestial Halo (IRE) 8 11 10
    Hurricane Fly (IRE) 8 11 10
    Kalann (IRE) 5 11 10
    Olofi (FR) 6 11 10
    Oscars Well (IRE) 7 11 10
    Overturn (IRE) 8 11 10
    Rock On Ruby (IRE) 7 11 10
    Thousand Stars (FR) 8 11 10
    Zaidpour (FR) 6 11 10
    Zarkandar (IRE) 5 11 10

Blunkett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 416

It’s just been matched at 17 though.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Spirit Son 100% definitely

NOT

supplemented. Thank god for that.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I fell for the conspiracy and jumped the gun apparently.

Apparently, the 12 declared are;

Binocular (FR) 8 11 10
    Brampour (IRE) 5 11 10
    Celestial Halo (IRE) 8 11 10
    Hurricane Fly (IRE) 8 11 10
    Kalann (IRE) 5 11 10
    Olofi (FR) 6 11 10
    Oscars Well (IRE) 7 11 10
    Overturn (IRE) 8 11 10
    Rock On Ruby (IRE) 7 11 10
    Thousand Stars (FR) 8 11 10
    Zaidpour (FR) 6 11 10
    Zarkandar (IRE) 5 11 10

Yes, this is correct.

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

It’s just been matched at 17 though.

:roll:

Not sure what is worse, Betfair allowing someone to offer a price or some mug taking it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Have backed Overturn at 14/1 e/w (effectively 4 places) in the without H/F market.

Possibly not ideally suited to the course can only think this is the main reason for him being 6/7 times the prices of the likes of Binocular who he beat comfortably in the Autumn. Think you can ignore his run in this last year as he was sacrificed as a pacemaker for PC.

Think the price is way too big, especially with stories he his working very well at home and is expected to run a big race after a nice break. The thing I love about this horse is your almost certain to get a run for your money.

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

There are 12 but Spirit Son is not one of them!!

I think our bet is in too though as cannot see Mr Nicholls running 4 :-) hopefully not anyway

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

There are 12 but Spirit Son is not one of them!!

I think our bet is in too though as cannot see Mr Nicholls running 4 :-) hopefully not anyway

Olofi is a more likely non-runner than any of the Ditcheat quartet.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I’m hoping Brampour will run in the County so my Moon Dice won’t have too big a burden. Also, must be likely that one of Thousand Stars or Zaidpour goes for the World Hurdle. I know Mullins has So Young, Mourad and Mikael D’Haguenet for that but the only one with a realistic chance there is So Young. I find it hard to believe he’s going to run two along with the Fly but stranger things have happened.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Olofi’s target is the County Hurdle. He’s in the Champion Hurdle presumably incase he doesn’t get in. Zaidpour and Thousand Stars also have the option of running in the World Hurdle, while Kalann is also still in the County. It looks very likely that it’s a winner, yes.

Participant
    • Total Posts 13248

Have backed Overturn at 14/1 e/w (effectively 4 places) in the without H/F market.

Possibly not ideally suited to the course can only think this is the main reason for him being 6/7 times the prices of the likes of Binocular who he beat comfortably in the Autumn. Think you can ignore his run in this last year as he was sacrificed as a pacemaker for PC.

Think the price is way too big, especially with stories he his working very well at home and is expected to run a big race after a nice break. The thing I love about this horse is your almost certain to get a run for your money.

I’m with you on this Pants, although I have just backed him e/w in the normal market. I watched and waited for too long, missing the 33s, but took 25-1 (obviously with NRNB).

It makes sense your bet without HF, there’s no doubting he is the best in the race, I’m just chancing my arm that things can, and often do, go wrong in a race.

As you say, we will get a run for our money if nothing else….although I’m hopeful for more.

• Total Posts 479

Binocular will go down in history as the all time greatest Champion hurdler. An incredible horse who does have that perfomance in him and anyone thinks that its certain Binocular wont do it is foolish. He is capable of putting in a performance so devestating that not even a peak Hurricane Fly can deal with it. I happen to think that performance is coming this tuesday.

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 323 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.