The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Hurdle 2011

Home Forums Archive Topics Champion Hurdle 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 2184

I’m surprised Peddlers Cross is not going chasing. While he may well be very competitive over timber next year, I saw him win his point down at Liscarroll and I really think he could be something special over fences.

Like Grassy and IS I’m a huge Hurricane Fly fan but you’d need your head seeing to if your taking an antepost price on him. Hopefully he and Binocular turn up on the day and we get a race to savour. Both could turn up unbeaten (HF – Morgiana, Bewleys & Irish Champ/ Bin – Fighting Fifth, Christmas Hurdle & Sandown trial) and we’d have a hell of a match on our hands. Long way away though and a lot can happen as the season gone by showed.

I think the value at the moment lies with Solwhit. He clearly didn’t give his running at Cheltenham after his interrupted prep. If Charles gets a good run at it with him and we get a bit of cut on the first day it’ll take a good animal to peg him back up the hill.

• Total Posts 4293

God has just revealed that Overturn is going for the Champion Hurdle.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Has God revealed if he is running in the Ebor first? [Have you got a contact number, G? Could do with a bit of divine guidance at the moment].

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

God has just revealed that Overturn is going for the Champion Hurdle.

Pacemaker for his stable mate… :D

• Total Posts 4293

To answer your question Moe, Terry Norman was saying a few days ago that because they were thinking about the Champion Hurdle this would cast doubt onto whether they would go for the Ebor.

Seems reasonable to me, but I don’t know what Sea Pigeon reckons to it.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Well, whatever they decide, there’s still money going on him. Not mine, unfortutely, because if he turns up on the day I’d have to be very brave not to back him. [one race too many, I keep telling myself, like a mantra]

• Total Posts 4293

If he were mine and I was serious about the Champion Hdle, I’d have him back to run some sort of a race in the Fighting Fifth at the end of November, what with him being a northern horse.

I believe 3 months is required to get a horse ready, so he’d have to be back from a summer break at the end of August. This would just give him a one month break if they let him down after Galway.

If he went for the Ebor, then he wouldn’t be back for hurdling until the New Year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Would have thought the same connections of Overturn would prefer to run Peddlers Cross in the Fighting Fifth?

• Total Posts 4293

Yeah, maybe. I don’t follow hurdlers, so I don’t know whatever good hurdle races there are this side of Christmas.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

In heard somewhere it’s very doubtful Peddlars cross will be aimed at the Champion Hurdle?

It’s been along time since the days of Persian War and Major Rose…….then of course there was Sea Pigeon and now we have Overturn winning top class handicaps onn the flat and over jumps.

However thats a long long way from winning a Champion Hurdle especially one with high class animals like Binocular and Hurricane Fly opposing you.

Would have to say Donald McCain is shooting at the moon a bit but time will tell.

I’ve started having bits and bobbs on Hurricane Fly and will keep doing so until such times he hacks up on his first outing and those bookies slash his price to bits.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

McCain is on record saying Peddlers first run of the season will be over hurdles, they will then decide whether to go chasing or not. I would imagine that it will be a graded hurdle they will enter him in and see how he performs, if he hacks up I reckon they will target the Champion Hurdle. They way he jumps hurdles and they way he travels through his races would suggest that he will be competitive at the top level, IMO he is a contender for the big prize in March.

JohnJ

• Total Posts 43

For me this is a hard race to call.

I am impressed with several horses.

Obviously binocular will be keenly contesting with Hurricane Fly. If i had to pick between the two i would go with Hurricane Fly.

My up and coming horse i like is Peddler’s Cross, his performance at Cheltenham, then at Aintree was very impressive 33/1 for me is bargain of the century for a huge each way bet.

My dark horse for this race though is Khyber Kim, pure class and always stays on well

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve started having bits and bobbs on Hurricane Fly and will keep doing so until such times he hacks up on his first outing and those bookies slash his price to bits.

I have a wealthy friend who likes to back my selections and the last time he asked me for an Ante-Post racing cert i gave him

Forpadydeplasterer

at 20/1 for the Arkle,before that i told him

Azertyuiop

at 10/1 for the Champion Ch was a good thing this year he has had a grand on

Binocular

at 7/2 on my recommendation for the 2011 Champion hurdle and here"s you deserting it Fist!! :evil:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

General Miller is a good bet if he goes for it.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Arctic Cosmos 25/1 after a hurdling plan now looks the way after his Leger win.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Arctic Cosmos 25/1 after a hurdling plan now looks the way after his Leger win.

They said he’d spend another year on the flat first. The bookies love conning people don’t they. Dar Re Mi was still in the betting at a most firms after her retirement was announced…pfft!

• Total Posts 2440

I’d be interested to see how Menorah has been in the off-season so to speak.

He looked a very useful horse last season.

Any news on the fitness of Hurricane Fly as we approach the new season…

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 397 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.