The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Hurdle 2011

Home Forums Archive Topics Champion Hurdle 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Peddlers Cross is my bet, but only a small bet cause it’s incredibly tough to call. Everyone saying this and that is a good thing is stupid, there’s at least 5 horses in with a shout.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

The discussion everywhere about this years Champion Hurdle reminds me a lot of the discussions back in 2007 when it was all about Brave Inca vs Hardy Eustace vs Detroit City.

Everything else was forgotten and regarded as almost just making up the numbers but Sublimity won it.

I can see the favs here all looking at each other and an outsider winning it.

Khyber Kim is the forgotten horse of this race IMO and I think he is a cracking each-way bet at 16/1

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

i dont know what race you were watching if you said binocular was 50per cent fit? peddlers had done no work at all i know this from stable staff at mcains yard he was in fact 50 percent fit. this horse doesnt need experience he already won fair and square at cheltenham. peddlers is versatile like big bucks and when you see him murder his opposition on tuesday you can write a post saying how wrong you were? you cant knock peddlers cross in any of his races, he may not be as fast a jumper as binocular and the others but what he does have is pure class. ive helped train racehorses and i know a cert when i see it, he has too much stamina for this race , its not about speed its a stiff track, peddlers will even win the stayers hurdle and the gold cup in the future if he remains sound. you are welcome to your opinion like everyone else but this time im afraid you are wrong. as regards to speed he has that as well. remember royal gait the novice with no experience trained by fanshawe? and they all laughed ha ha. i told everyone to back that , and istabraq when he first won a race at cheltenham i know my horses and how to work out the times and peddlers is clear on time even on heavy ground.im celebrating already.

garyf2857
    • Total Posts 1

i dont know what race you were watching if you said binocular was 50per cent fit? peddlers had done no work at all i know this from stable staff at mcains yard he was in fact 50 percent fit. this horse doesnt need experience he already won fair and square at cheltenham. peddlers is versatile like big bucks and when you see him murder his opposition on tuesday you can write a post saying how wrong you were? you cant knock peddlers cross in any of his races, he may not be as fast a jumper as binocular and the others but what he does have is pure class. ive helped train racehorses and i know a cert when i see it, he has too much stamina for this race , its not about speed its a stiff track, peddlers will even win the stayers hurdle and the gold cup in the future if he remains sound. you are welcome to your opinion like everyone else but this time im afraid you are wrong. as regards to speed he has that as well. remember royal gait the novice with no experience trained by fanshawe? and they all laughed ha ha. i told everyone to back that , and istabraq when he first won a race at cheltenham i know my horses and how to work out the times and peddlers is clear on time even on heavy ground.im celebrating already.

Well I’ve backed Peddlers Cross too, but after reading this I wouldn’t mind losing my money…

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

if you look at peddlers novice form it reads miles better than binoculars? can you imagine if binocular or any other of his rivals had ran in the gold cup at ascot? they would of been tailed off behind rite of passage that won the race. well peddlers turned rite of passage over easily that shows you how good mcains horse is. any horse that has come to challenge peddlers has seen him pull away from them. i am trying to put everyone on a winner thats all. hobbs is scared stiff of him being in the same race as menorah, which i backed in last years supreme hurdle, he or dunguib will be runner up make no mistake about it.

• Total Posts 1402

Well I’ve backed Peddlers Cross too, but after reading this I wouldn’t mind losing my money…

:lol: and whilst the loudmouths have a p***ing contest on the Cheltenham forum, elsewhere someone is quietly churning out one big priced winner after another.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

ive got to laugh at your analysis of the race where binocular got beat off peddlers cross, were you drunk in the pub at the time because that was not the same race i saw. peddlers had done no work at home and binocular did, he is the one that will get eaten alive. he beat a poor field last year. paul nicholls the countrys top trainer has just given an interview about the winner of the champion hurdle and it wasnt binocular zoso it was —– i will let you work that one out if you can do.

• Total Posts 2184

paul nicholls the countrys top trainer has just given an interview about the winner of the champion hurdle and it wasnt binocular zoso it was —– i will let you work that one out if you can do.

How many Champion Hurdlers has Paul Nicholls trained?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

paul nicholls the countrys top trainer has just given an interview about the winner of the champion hurdle and it wasnt binocular zoso it was —– i will let you work that one out if you can do.

How many Champion Hurdlers has Paul Nicholls trained?

How many have you trained?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

paul nicholls is the best race horse trainer in the country and im sure he knows more about racing than any of us on here so listening to him and his opinion is the best advice anyone could take, nicholls knows a superstar , he already has got some, even if he hasnt won a champion hurdle he knows what it takes to win one.

• Total Posts 2184

That’s that so. If Paul Nicholls thinks it will win then it’s a certainty. No point in anyone else showing up.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

doesnt think it will win like me and others on here says it will, i supposa you know one to beat peddlers cross then? – its the same old story nobody likes a champion they love to see them beat, its just sour grapes isnt it. we all dont agree – sorry if i gatecrashed your debate and talked sense.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Nobody likes a champion?

He hasn’t won it yet!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

hes still unbeaten and that makes him a champion in my book, ive never seen so many negative comments about an unbeaten star as on here? the comment put up earlier about solwhits chance is a complete joke, that wouldnt win if its started now. anyway my selection has won it even before they start he will bury them. i hope the doubters shovel there money on something else so i can get another load of cash on at a bigger price thanks guys youre doing me a great favour giving me your cash.

• Total Posts 479

I dont see how Paul Nicholls saying he likes Peddlers Cross in this race has any bearing whatsoever.
    Yes Paul Nicholls is an incredible trainer, but that does not make him an incredible tipster, especially in a race that he has no involvement in and has never won.
    Mick Fitzgerald says Binocular will win -he has won a champion hurdle and spends time at Hendersons yard so I would say his opinion is of greater worth than Paul Nicholls selection (a selection that he came out with when put on the spot and had to say something).
    Though at the same time Mick Fitzgerald saying he thinks binocular will win certainly doesnt mean he will win.

Peddlers Cross quite simply lacks the experience needed to win a champion hurdle, no doubting he is a very good horse but the reality is he will be beaten on Tuesday and will be sent chasing next season. He is unbeaten due to being well placed, would he be unbeaten if he didnt allegedly cough before he was due to meet Binocular for a 2nd time this season and was pulled out. I dont think he would have been.

Binocular is the Champion and could possibly go down in history as one of the greatest hurdlers of all time when his career has ended. Peddlers Cross is all hype and doesnt even slightly worry me to be honest.

mssimpleton1
    • Total Posts 1

watch this vid for great paddy power tips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cC3sIicgYM

Funkmaster Flex
    Participant
    • Total Posts 111

My heart:

1st Mille Chief
    2nd Menorah
    3rd Binocular

My head:

1st Binocular
    2nd Menorah
    3rd Mille Chief

I think Peddlers will lack the turn of foot and get run out of things. Just my opinion obviously!

Still think that Mille Chief will put up a huge run and defy his odds.

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 397 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.