Champion Chase 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Champion Chase 2020

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by jackh1092 jackh1092 1 week, 6 days ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15134

I’ve usually got very little interest in the G1 2 Mile Chase Division, it’s one that normally passes me by, and I rarely comment on it, let alone start a thread on the divisions showpiece, but with a realistic chance that Altior will step up, then I thought I’d have an early look.

Nothing too much jumping out, though I could make a case for A Plus Tard back down in trip, but in all honesty, I’ll be trying to make a case for him in a lot of races.

No, the one who looks wrong at this stage, is a bit of a forgotten horse, Dynamite Dollars. He’s came on leaps and bounds this year, and I thought the highlight was Sandown, in The Henry VIII. He wasn’t quite as impressive next time, but generally he was going the right way before his setback. Crucially for him, he’s in the best of hands, and Nicholls can surely get that improvement out of him, as he did with Dodging Bullets.

If Altior does indeed step up, then this division will be weaker than ever, and I think it’s worth looking for the value just now, especially if Altior performs well in The Melling Chase. There could be others, and DD might not be the same horse after his setback, but that’s factored into the price, a price which looks well worth risking.

Dynamite Dollars 50’s

bozlike
    bozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1664

Snap!

@TomBoardman87
    topweighttom.blogspot.com

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2190

Im still finding it hard to get away from sceau royal again, fancied him this year as i had previously said, 20/1 is just a touch short, if i can get that or bigger by the end of the hear ill probably back him, but Had my first stab yesterday with Chacun pour soi @50/1 Seemingly not fazed about giving up his novice status the other week and given how being tentative with an animal tends to not pay off for whatever reason, if he can stay sound i think he will be campigned agressively towards something like this, obvioisly has plenty of trials to pass between now and this, I liked dynamite dollars but not sure what that forms upto atm, for all he did it well enough, but he has alot less to prove than CPS!

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15134

Ham, I’m no quite sure how I managed to miss that price on Chacun, especially as he’s right next to Dynamite Dollars On Oddschecker, and after discussing him with you the other week.

I’m certainly no paying attention though, and if you don’t mind Ham, I’ll take a wee bit of that 50’s myself, looks a crazy price on his comeback, which was highly impressive.

I normally blank this race, but that’s two in the bag, and it’s no even April. That’ll be more than enough, and hopefully one of them makes it.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20414

I wonder if Footpad will run here if Altior steps up in distance
    although he wasn’t at his best this year it feels like he ran in the Ryanair to avoid Altior as his races were all 2 miles before Cheltenham.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2190

Dodgy wherever he goes now nathan that hes bled, couldnt back him ever again now..

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 242

Ham, VtC, I wish you lads the best of luck. 50/1 some voucher to be sitting on.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 299

I followed VtC and Ham with a small bet on Chacun Pour Soi at 50-1 (thanks guys). Delighted with that performance and the quotes from Mullins afterwards were even more enlightening…

“I think he could be a star. If he’s as good as I think he is, God knows what will happen.”

He stopped short on naming a target but with a performance like that he has to come here. I don’t think Defi was helped by the loose horse but nonetheless it was a cracking performance. Roll on March 2020.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2388

I’ve got a chunk on at 8/1 for any race for Chacun Pour Soi and fully expect to see him run in the Champion Chase.

Monster.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2593

Hendo with some big decisions to make with Altior this season

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1662

What price would Chacun Pour Soi even be to make it here?

Looked very good, but with his past in mind, fair to assume he’s very very fragile.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.