The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Bumper 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Champion Bumper 2009

Viewing 15 posts - 52 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Think Abroad 66-1 and Double Dash 100-1 could potentially go well in this, along with Benbane head 200-1, Lightning rod 100-1 and Latin America 66-1, but obviously it is a concern that none of them are strong in the market.

• Total Posts 1537

Very small look at Meath all star e/w. Just to join in the festivity of it all.

Aristo
    • Total Posts 318

Keeping my money to bet Don’t Push It again.need a bloddy sharp pin to find the winner among that lot.

• Total Posts 1537

Dunguib, bang, take that !!!!

Very impressive. :)

BeauRanger
    Participant
    • Total Posts 379

2 winners today for the comp :shock: including this one – get in 8)

on the flipside my car broke down on the way to an interview :cry: suspected cam belt :roll: and no i didnt make it :roll: so however badly you got on today had been it couldnt be worse than mine
    :cry:

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

One of the most impressive Festival winners I have ever seen. Full marks to the trainer for sticking with his amateur jockey.

• Total Posts 1415

One of the most impressive Festival winners I have ever seen. Full marks to the trainer for sticking with his amateur jockey.

There was probably no one else left lol given that he had about 140 runners in the race. :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Dunguib was highly impressive.

This is a horse with a very big future. Won as he liked. He was positively laughing at the favourite before motoring away from him. Very, very impressive.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Yep, def one to take away from the festival. Looks smart.

Hopefully, he won’t disappoint over timber.

Zip

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

That was nothing short of monsterous, and he’s a stunning looking animal too. He’s a Gold Cup winner waiting to happen.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

Yep, def one to take away from the festival. Looks smart.

Hopefully, he won’t disappoint over timber.

Zip

Im the worlds worst tipster but if I usually get the winner of this bumper race through a combination of examining the breeding and the past performances.

This horse laughed at the opposition at the best bumper field on his last oppostion. The ground was heavy but he is by presenting and his dam won distance races on summer ground so there was plenty of evidence that far from being inconvenienced, he was possibly going to improve.

Ill be very dissapointed, given his pedigree if he doesnt make up into top class chasing hurdling material.

SHL

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 170

Impressive as he was – and he was – future glories could be a long way off.

How many recent winners have gone on to achieve anything of note??

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Agreed a very impressive winner but with all the attention on the winner I also thing it would be folly to ignore the runner-up, who also looks to have potential.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

Impressive as he was – and he was – future glories could be a long way off.

How many recent winners have gone on to achieve anything of note??

Well the impressive winners of the past were missed that and florida pearl who did ok afterwards. I thought Hairy Molly and Cork All star were never going to be the most exciting anyway.

It just takes so much luck almost to get horses through there careers without injury. No doubt for me but if this one stays sound. Ill think its only a matter of when. He just looks to have so much power for a racehorse.

SHL

• Total Posts 2184

Very impressive with Dunguib. I know some people are not overly fond of bumpers but he absolutely murdered a high class field and looks a right prospect. Just a word of warning that Philip Fenton has had some promising young sorts over the last few years in the likes oof Vic Venturi, Woodbine Willie and Shirley Casper and none of them have really progressed. But then again, none of them would look to have anywhere near the class of this lad.

Viewing 15 posts - 52 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.