The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Bumper 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Champion Bumper 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I agree but I don’t think Mullins is a man of superlatives. I would give his runners the utmost respect following his comments and record in the race. I haven’t had a bet in this race and probably won’t until the day because I have no idea at this stage.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Following on from the above I thought 20/1 Vino Griego was reasonable so the Tote’s 40/1 looks massive. As a maiden he may not get in but on the strength of the Newbury I have also had a little on Lidar.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Following on from the above I thought 20/1 Vino Griego was reasonable so the Tote’s 40/1 looks massive. As a maiden he may not get in but on the strength of the Newbury I have also had a little on Lidar.

I agree stilvi, really like the look of this one and 40-1 is far too tempting, also quite like Mullins horse Glenlo Abbey and Weld’s horse Universal truth, although welds statement after UVs last win would have indicated that he would be going somewhere easier for his next race, he has seen fit to enter him in the champ bumper since that run and has him in a reasonably well contested race on sunday.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

I see Lidar is entered at Doncaster tomorrow. Not the best preparation but hopefully the idea is to win this easily and increase his chances of getting a run at Cheltenham.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

The market for this race is hard to believe. More and more the Newbury race I mentioned above looks the best bumper run this season but you can still get 25/1NRNB Lidar and 40/1 Vino Griego. There is no better value on offer anywhere. The top of the market is all about Mullins hype and the two horses I have mentioned should really be challenging Dunguib for favouritism. Lidar had no more than an exercise canter yesterday and there is appears no reason why he shouldn’t go Cheltenham. He should definitely be suited by the faster pace.

• Total Posts 2184

Very taking piece of work from Sicilian Secret there at Leopardstown. Brought back memories of Missed That four years ago before going on to win the bumper.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Very taking piece of work from Sicilian Secret there at Leopardstown. Brought back memories of Missed That four years ago before going on to win the bumper.

He worked better than the other three horses around him. That really is all you can say. He may be a very good horse but on limited racecourse evidence 4/1 for the Champion Bumper is a shocking price.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Most definitely, stilvi, especially when Willie Mullins mentioned one or two of those who trailed in the two workouts very favourably in a recent ATR feature.

He’s playing games again, nothing more.

Habat
    • Total Posts 7

We have no idea what weights the horses were carrying in the workouts do we? So first impressions

might

not be all that they seem………

• Total Posts 2184

We have no idea what weights the horses were carrying in the workouts do we? So first impressions

might

not be all that they seem………

We don’t know what weights they were carrying but Ruby, Paul Townend and David Casey would all be naturally lighter than Patrick. The word was that Sicilian Secret was considered to be the best of the bumper brigade and that piece of work would give you plenty of encouragement.

Lios A Choill is a horse I like. He’s a half brother to Liss A Paoraigh and Liss De Paor. He didn’t work yesterday and I don’t know if he’ll be part of Willie’s Cheltenham team but I think he’s definitely one to watch for the future.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Lios A Choill is a horse I like. He’s a half brother to Liss A Paoraigh and Liss De Paor. He didn’t work yesterday and I don’t know if he’ll be part of Willie’s Cheltenham team but I think he’s definitely one to watch for the future.

Lios A Choill in all probability is one of the nicer prospects but on the basis of his first run 14/1 for the Festival Bumper is again a ridiculous price. They went no pace at all when he made his debut and Noel Meade’s runner up drifted from 4/1 to 10/1 which hardly indicates that he was above average.

Still keeping my fingers crossed about Lidar but the market signals do not look positive. It will be a great shame if every trainer over here is scared off by the Mullins hype.

Participant
    • Total Posts 441

Surely interesting that he didn`t bring Quinola des Obeaux to the trials,explaining that the horse has done enough work at home,and didn`t need any more?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Another member of the Vino Griego fan club here. Totesports 40’s is now nr no bet so have invested accordingly.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Another member of the Vino Griego fan club here. Totesports 40’s is now nr no bet so have invested accordingly.

I think the intention has always been to run that was the reasoning behind putting him up ahead of Lidar. If they both turned up it would be difficult for him to confirm the Newbury form.

Does anyone know how a ballot on this race would work?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

Most definitely, stilvi, especially when Willie Mullins mentioned one or two of those who trailed in the two workouts very favourably in a recent ATR feature.

He’s playing games again, nothing more.

Was he working with his stable companions.????

Cause if he was, you really would not want to read too much into it.

SHL

PaleRider
    • Total Posts 52

Many of you ,talk of value , ! value is only good if the horse wins or is placed at a good price ,otherwise its meaningless ! :D

Blunkett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 416

Lidar and Vino both 25’s on Oddschecker now.

The contraction of Vino’s price is surely a good sign that it runs?

Also, the winner of that race, Zaza-something or other – anyone know of its target? Aintree?

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.