The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Chain of Disasters

Home Forums General Sports Chain of Disasters

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3326

Newcastle United football club is owned by a man with big ideas, but has become a disaster due to excessive spending on mediocre players, internal divisions, promotion of untrained managers and hopeless long term planning. Newcastle United is sponsored by –

Norhtern Rock, which was run by a man with big ideas, who led his company into administration by excessive lending on mediocre properties, and who ignored warning of the risks associated with his policies. As a result, Northern Rock is now owned by –

The Government, which is led by a man with big ideas, who has become a disaster due to excessive spending, promotion of mediocre people into senior positions, internal divisions and hopless long term planning.

AP

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2158

The connection?

Northerners and jocks….

One lots should stick to digging up coal and the other lot should stop drinking buckets of tonic wine for breakfast

Steerforth
    • Total Posts 122

*Dons helmet, collects Davy lamp, shoulders pick. Shuffles off disconsolately towards pithead, bidding a brief farewell to wife, bairns and pigeons. Doffs cap deferentially to Lord Cilvex as he passes him en route.*

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

LOL @ steerforth.

Well spotted AP ..

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3326

Steerforth,

Haven’t you forgotten your canary?

AP

Steerforth
    • Total Posts 122

Times are hard AP. I’ll have to take my chances as I I’m afraid I had to feed the canary to the pigeons :(

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Oh dear Steerforth – you forgot your snap tin.

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2158

How come you could afford to feed a canary on state handouts?

Steerforth
    • Total Posts 122

I had a little income on the side from blackmailing the local aristocrat, as I’d found out all about his little ‘secret’ :wink:

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

State handouts exist in order to keep the capitalist system going.

The banks and other financial institutions have just received 10s if not 100s of billions.

Capitalism can’t exist without having proletarians whose labour power can be exploited.

The handouts are there so that the proletariat can not only exist, but also reproduce, to keep the system going.

Without the handouts, there would be civil strife and a revolution.

Fine by me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.