The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Celestial Halo

Home Forums Horse Racing Celestial Halo

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Interesting to see him in a handicap conceding 20lbs and upwards to his rivals. The defection of Dunraven Storm means one less potential frontrunner to unsettle him. As long as he and Tenor Nivernais do not try to cut each other’s throats he will take some beating.
    The fly in the ointment is Secret World, 20/1 with the Magic Sign last night and they still offer the best price which is always a concern. Definitely nibbled at in the market and his 2 best runs under each code have been here. Beaten under 3 lengths in the Lockinge before Frankel was born and his debut over hurdles when 2nd to Act of Kalanisi. Even 5lbs wrong, if he is not just out for the day then he warrants respect. Mind he is as likely to be tailed off as win!

Before you ask Ginger, I do not think any race so hideously named deserves to be a "Big Race" despite the handsome purse.

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1508

Like you say Eclipse

Celestial Halo

shoulda/coulda/woulda carried this lot but he is a strange character,he reminds me of the ‘Beast’ out of the film called ‘Beauty and the Beast’ as he is so top heavy,if he wins at 10/1 and i have £100 e/w on him i will have made a loss of 60p for all the times i have backed him! :oops:

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

So are you £240.60 up on him now KF?

jibsa
    • Total Posts 164

Well done for putting him up, couldnt see it happening myself with its weight and previously doing nothing on todays ground but glad on reflection CS won.

I had a cleverer one (I thought) on the second!

Wilts
    Participant
    • Total Posts 192

Top stuff! A decent bet at 14s today for me.
    One of my favourite horses of last couple of years – frustrating at times, yes!
    But a v good weight-carrying performance today.
    Lumps of weight shouldn’t stop quality horses winning…and he is/was a class above those he raced against today.

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1508

Eclipse dalling,those who read my drivel will know how loyal i have been to this horse over the past few years.When i looked at the race last night i saw 14/1 a plenty and said to myself i wonder what price

Binocular

would be for this if he had been in it? 7/4fav? My long lost sparring partner

Fist

will have a wry smile on his face thinking about me.Funny thing though my missus knew i had backed 1st and 2nd today and that had the runner-up won i would have collected £500 more than Celestial winning and yet i was cheering my old (7yo) :shock: pal all the way home.She thinks i’m crackers,typical woman eh? :wink:

Oasisdreamer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 305

A fabulously consistent horse, well done to Celestial Halo for a great win today.

He had a lot in his favour today but I thought he would struggle to overcome a mark of 160 so my each way bet on him was a saver as I also liked Ubi Ace and Lifestyle.

The only runs CHalo has finished outside the top 3 over jumps are:

Aintree Hurdle – out the frame 3 times 2009-2011.
    4th place in a Champion Hurdle.
    4th place in an Irish Champion Hurdle.
    Fell once over fences.

Remaining 17 Runs he has finished in top 3.

An impressive record – well done CH and all connections!

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Eclipse dalling,those who read my drivel will know how loyal i have been to this horse over the past few years.When i looked at the race last night i saw 14/1 a plenty and said to myself i wonder what price

Binocular

would be for this if he had been in it? 7/4fav? My long lost sparring partner

Fist

will have a wry smile on his face thinking about me.Funny thing though my missus knew i had backed 1st and 2nd today and that had the runner-up won i would have collected £500 more than Celestial winning and yet i was cheering my old (7yo) :shock: pal all the way home.She thinks i’m crackers,typical woman eh? :wink:

Maybe something caught her eye in the sales sweetie. If she thinks you’re crackers she may not be such a bad judge :wink:

May I wish you a Happy New Year before I go spread my delights among the environs later x

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1508

May I wish you a Happy New Year before I go spread my delights among the environs later x

May i wish you a Happy New Year too Eclipse and may you continue to contribute your knowledgeable posts next year!
    Just be careful spreading yourself like that,Chlamydia is rife at New Year! :oops:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.