The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

CAUTION ADVISED

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips CAUTION ADVISED

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 276 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Shock horror. Taghrooda is switching to the King George and that is a move that needs to be addressed.

Having backed Telescope at 4/1 and seeing him at 7/4 now gave a nice warm feeling inside but with a great looking, unbeaten, Oaks winner in the field and getting 15lbs in weight allowance the confidence is obviously reduced.

Taghrooda is 5/1 and I doubt that will last so I’ll have 5 pts on and make the investment 15pts to return either 50 or 30.

King George VI Queen Elizabeth Taghrooda 5pts (Boylesports)

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

The 3.55 at Leicester sees an odds on favourite in a handicap. William Haggas’ filly Perfect Persuasion has a progressive profile, is top weight and has Ryan Moore on board, all positive factors but does she really warrant being as low as 1/2 in handicap company?

Roger Varian fields an opponent in Laftah who is also progressing and is rated just one lb lower than the favourite. She may not win but the odds of 13/2 look colossal in comparison to the hotpot. I’d rather put a quid on her than a tenner on the fav.

3.55 Leicester Laftah 1pt 13/2

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Shock horror. Taghrooda is switching to the King George and that is a move that needs to be addressed.

Having backed Telescope at 4/1 and seeing him at 7/4 now gave a nice warm feeling inside but with a great looking, unbeaten, Oaks winner in the field and getting 15lbs in weight allowance the confidence is obviously reduced.

Taghrooda is 5/1 and I doubt that will last so I’ll have 5 pts on and make the investment 15pts to return either 50 or 30.

King George VI Queen Elizabeth Taghrooda 5pts (Boylesports)

Cut to 4/1 now, it’s amazing what a 25p win can do :lol:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Irish Oaks and I’ve talked myself into a bet.

From the Irish Oaks thread:-

"Bracelet would be my pick of the O’Brien team but I find it hard to look past the Epsom 2nd and 3rd, Tarfasha and Volume. Volume ran a belting race that day, despite hanging left on the camber, she only lost second place to the former horse close home. Both horses could improve a little and with Volume more than double the odds in a situation where they are both ranked 111, she is the suggestion at 11/2."

Irish Oaks Volume 2pts 11/2 (Bet 365)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

With Taghrooda now taking on older horses and colts there seems more likelihood that she may contest the Arc after all.

Gosden had an Irish Oaks winner in Great Heavens who he hummed and hawed about for long enough and probably only sent her to Longchamp when Nathaniel was ruled out. In the end she ran OK without threatening but did manage to finish ahead of Camelot.

You get the feeling Taghrooda is a fair bit better than Great Heavens was and I am kicking myself that I didn’t take a pop at Taghrooda when she was 50/1 for Longchamp and I was just dissuaded by the belief that Gosden might campaign her conservatively.

Taghrooda is 14/1 for the Arc now and if she wins at Ascot those odds will tumble. A belated few points will ease the pain of the missed 50/1 if she does get there.

Arc De Triomphe Taghrooda 3pts 14/1 (stan James and others)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

The 3.55 at Leicester sees an odds on favourite in a handicap. William Haggas’ filly Perfect Persuasion has a progressive profile, is top weight and has Ryan Moore on board, all positive factors but does she really warrant being as low as 1/2 in handicap company?

Roger Varian fields an opponent in Laftah who is also progressing and is rated just one lb lower than the favourite. She may not win but the odds of 13/2 look colossal in comparison to the hotpot. I’d rather put a quid on her than a tenner on the fav.

3.55 Leicester Laftah 1pt 13/2

A satisfying winner and an odds on favourite chinned in a handicap.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Limato has won two Kempton races in good style for Henry Candy and he’s even money to complete the hat trick today. The trouble is he’s tackling turf for the first time and moving into listed company. He could be anything but at the odds I am taking him on with Coventry 8th Adaay, who I backed ante-post for The Royal Ascot race and was slightly disappointed he couldn’t at least make the frame. This represents a drop in class for him though and he would be a warm favourite here were it not for the presence of the Candy runner.

Earlier on the card sees the well bred but so far modest Sea The Bloom tackle her first handicap. Both sides of her pedigree suggest she will need time to be seen at her best but she starts her handicap career on a low enough mark and any improvement will see her competitive at this level. Ryan Moore and Stoute are a potent combination at the moment and I think she is worth a bet at 5/2

3.05 Newbury Sea The Bloom 4pts 5/2

3.40 Newbury Adaay 6pts 2/1

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Limato has won two Kempton races in good style for Henry Candy and he’s even money to complete the hat trick today. The trouble is he’s tackling turf for the first time and moving into listed company. He could be anything but at the odds I am taking him on with Coventry 8th Adaay, who I backed ante-post for The Royal Ascot race and was slightly disappointed he couldn’t at least make the frame. This represents a drop in class for him though and he would be a warm favourite here were it not for the presence of the Candy runner.

Earlier on the card sees the well bred but so far modest Sea The Bloom tackle her first handicap. Both sides of her pedigree suggest she will need time to be seen at her best but she starts her handicap career on a low enough mark and any improvement will see her competitive at this level. Ryan Moore and Stoute are a potent combination at the moment and I think she is worth a bet at 5/2

3.05 Newbury Sea The Bloom 4pts 5/2

3.40 Newbury Adaay 6pts 2/1

A poor effort from Sea The Bloom, she didn’t settle very well and tossed her head about a bit before finding very little. Regally bred but she is very modest in ability. I’d call that a bust as an effort to breed a good one and I wave bye-bye to her.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Bitterly disappointing effort from Adaay who found nothing. Limato looks a nice type who will appreciate another furlong and could be a useful tool for Henry Candy.

Adaay has not gone forward at all after two promising efforts and that was his last chance for me. A line is drawn through his name now.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

A typical minefield of races to go through on Saturday and knowing where to lay the cash is difficult.

I like Tiggy Wiggy and her experience in a big field and general street smarts should help her to be competitive from top weight in the Super Sprint. Runner up behind Anthem Alexander at Royal Ascot last time, she is the class act and can hopefully concede the weight in this valuable sprint that the Hannon team love to win. She has a middle draw and Richard Hughes on board so I reckon 9/2 isn’t a bad bet.

Al Kazeem has a straight forward task if he is anywhere near his best tomorrow. He had a failed stint at stud and comes here after a long lay off. Fitness has to be taken on trust but he should get away with a little rustiness and it is worth bearing in mind he has won first time up the past two seasons, including one where he was off for almost a year with a bad injury. A group 1 winner in a listed race sitting at 2/1 is maximum bet material for me and I think he’d be odds on if near fit. Triple Threat is given as the threat by Timeform and Andre Fabre commands respect, however his horse hasn’t eaten at the same tables as Al Kazeem.

2.40 Newbury Al Kazeem 10pts 2/1

3.50 Newbury Tiggy Wiggy 4pts 9/2

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

A typical minefield of races to go through on Saturday and knowing where to lay the cash is difficult.

I like Tiggy Wiggy and her experience in a big field and general street smarts should help her to be competitive from top weight in the Super Sprint. Runner up behind Anthem Alexander at Royal Ascot last time, she is the class act and can hopefully concede the weight in this valuable sprint that the Hannon team love to win. She has a middle draw and Richard Hughes on board so I reckon 9/2 isn’t a bad bet.

Al Kazeem has a straight forward task if he is anywhere near his best tomorrow. He had a failed stint at stud and comes here after a long lay off. Fitness has to be taken on trust but he should get away with a little rustiness and it is worth bearing in mind he has won first time up the past two seasons, including one where he was off for almost a year with a bad injury. A group 1 winner in a listed race sitting at 2/1 is maximum bet material for me and I think he’d be odds on if near fit. Triple Threat is given as the threat by Timeform and Andre Fabre commands respect, however his horse hasn’t eaten at the same tables as Al Kazeem.

The demise of a once great horse. He may have needed the race but that was a group of horses he would have p155ed on at his best.

Participant
    • Total Posts 525

I thought Al Kazeem traveled well throughout the race but once he was asked to find anything he really disappointed. It looked to me as if he blew up and I’d expect him to improve significantly on that run.

However, you would still have expected better from a group one horse so you may be right Steve he may not be the same horse he once was.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I thought Al Kazeem traveled well throughout the race but once he was asked to find anything he really disappointed. It looked to me as if he blew up and I’d expect him to improve significantly on that run.

However, you would still have expected better from a group one horse so you may be right Steve he may not be the same horse he once was.

Looking at him before the race I thought he looked reasonably fit and both Jim McGrath and Mick Fitz thought he was in pretty good shape. Jim made the observation I made last night that Al Kazeem has a decent record fresh. Judging by the weight of money for him the punters expected he was ready to do himself justice at this lower level. He had some tough battles last year and age is catching up as well now. I felt a bit sorry to see him cut so little ice in this grade after having tasted victory at the very top level.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Good old Tiggy Wiggy, that was like taking sweeties from a bookie. Most impressive from a speedy sort who is holding her form, unlike some early season sharpies.

Participant
    • Total Posts 525

From what I’ve heard Steve Al Kazeem was twenty pounds above his ideal racing weight today. If that is the case it would go at least someway towards explaining his run today.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

From what I’ve heard Steve Al Kazeem was twenty pounds above his ideal racing weight today. If that is the case it would go at least someway towards explaining his run today.

Well if that was the case then Jimbo and Mick need an eye test. At least I have the excuse of spectacles with lenses that are 2 years out of date!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Irish Oaks and I’ve talked myself into a bet.

From the Irish Oaks thread:-

"Bracelet would be my pick of the O’Brien team but I find it hard to look past the Epsom 2nd and 3rd, Tarfasha and Volume. Volume ran a belting race that day, despite hanging left on the camber, she only lost second place to the former horse close home. Both horses could improve a little and with Volume more than double the odds in a situation where they are both ranked 111, she is the suggestion at 11/2."

Irish Oaks Volume 2pts 11/2 (Bet 365)

A respectable run from Volume after all the carry on with being re-shod. She paid her way for each way punters and we got a lot better run than the backers of Tarfasha did, as she didn’t seem to get home today.

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 276 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.