The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Catch Me

Home Forums Horse Racing Catch Me

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    thejackal
    • Total Posts 50

What are peoples thoughts on his victory today

He ran well and is confirming his promise though I would still find it hard to see him worrying the likes of Sizing Europe on better ground

What about the World Hurdle for him?

Weak division with possibly only inglis drever and hardy eustace able match his class over a shorter distance. He did run in the sun alliance – though O’Grady has now said that it may have been a mistake

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I’d keep him for Punchestown if he were mine. Not Champion Hurdle class, doesn’t want 3 miles.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I’m no expert on Irish Form but on a line through Big Zeb/Sizing Europe they have the right to be thinking of sending the horse to Cheltehman. Didn’t really impress me that much yesterday Jazz Messenger is a good horse but the 3rd and 4th were too be thinking the form is great.

He was however very very impressive when he beat Big Zeb and a big plus was it was 2m2f which would make me think the 2 miles at cheltenham would really suit the horse.

He wasn’t exactly gambled of the boards yesterday either, which may be a pointer to him not yet being 100% fit. If EdwardO has left a bit to work on why not send the horse?

The thing about the Champion Hurdle is that it looks very much like the start of a new era and time for new horses to come through. I would let him take his chance there are a few horses in there who aren’t guaranteed to run big races. Sublimity won a well under par CH and has been missing all season, no telling if Osana is CH class or not and their is some eveidence that Harchibald could possibly be going backwards.

Not saying he will win but there is only one Champion Hurdle and he has much better credentials than a lot of horses who are entered and who’s to say he wont get into the first three.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.