Can You Beat The Bookies? BBC1 now

Home Forums Horse Racing Can You Beat The Bookies? BBC1 now

This topic contains 46 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by tbracing tbracing 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Red Rum 77
    Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1077

It might be just me here, but I didn’t really touch on the subject like the PANARAMA program did. Yes the subject was online gambling and it said the industry wasn’t trying hard enough, but seemed (at least in my opinion) to say that it’s the individual’s responsibility. YES to a point I agree but the Panarama program showed that bookmakers/bingo operators put temptation in their way.

tbracing
    tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1336

Of course problem gambling is an issue, bookmakers have a responsibility to their customers to identify those displaying problem behaviour. But really which bookmakers are going to truly live up to these standards, they are a for profit collective of companies. There is a lot of information out there and awareness for problem gamblers to seek help, but addicts in the eye of the storm of addiction rarely are able to identify they have a problem. This program was not really up to much, as has been mentioned there was no real mention about odds and percentages and how the book making works. They could have found better punters to follow, the show didn’t really do a lot for the understanding of betting to win.

Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.