The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Can Sierra Vista Win?

Home Forums Horse Racing Can Sierra Vista Win?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

S.V. has done me some good financial favours at Haydock over the last few years’.<br>The last two races’ have produced two easy victories in my opinion.

I hope she does win for the small [in comparison] Barker stable, 10/1 is a tad too high, but I think that will, or already has done, shrink !!

Can she see off Dandy, Clubs, Firenze etc ???:o

regards,

doyley

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I couldn’t back her at around 5/1. She’ll have opposition up front this time in the shape of Angus Newz and Moss Vale.

At the prices I’d have reservations abiut Red Clubs and Firenze at the ground/trip. I don’t think Excusez Moi is good enough and I understand that The Trader apparently bled on his final start last year.

That pretty much leaves us with Wi Dud who looks worth a bet at 9/1. Fully effective at 5f and 6f and won’t mind if the ground gets softer still. Not ideally drawn but hopefully he should be able to drop in behind the leaders.

empty walletempty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

i think race is between Moss Vale and Red Clubs,  but a going  assessment is needed before commiting to one or tuther

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

I agree with dj, that Wi Dud is the probable winner, though I wouldn’t worry about the draw on this ground, and only 8 runners.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Reet

Probable winner? You’re a damn site more optimistic than me! :biggrin: Still firmly in the possible camp, but will play at the prices!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

dj

‘Probable’ was maybe a bit strong?:biggrin: <br>In all sincerity though, there are so many question marks against the others that he has to have a serious chance if he is fighting fit.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Wi Dud’s 2yo old form is rock solid with runs behind Dutch Art and Enticing. The problem i have is Conquest dissapointed bigtime at york and was run off his feet. I have decided to let all the 3 yo sprinters have a run then access them.

I have put it between The Trader and Red Clubs, The Trader is getting on in life and usually loses his race at the gate and its worrying reading that he bleed last year. I still think he is value place material as he’ll pick up late on and he ran a cracker last year.

Red Clubs will be my selection with the ground being no problem but the Distance may be, he is def better over 6 but i think he’ll still have enough class tonight to win.

(Edited by Money on at 4:20 pm on May 31, 2007)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Don’t let what Conquest has done put you off. That beast is nothing but a big dog that didn’t fancy it one bit at York.

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Moss Vale appears to handle most ground conditions.<br>His Curragh run  may be a bit better than it looks at first glance. Any horse that set the pace over the sprint distances at the weekend faded, some badly, at the furlong pole. Moss Vale was the exception. Presuming he has recovered after just 5 days he’s my fancy, a small one mind.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

I understand that Conquest is very quirky but when he’s good then he’s very good, he did get badly chopped at York but i had high hopes for him this year. Was labelled the fastest horse in Newmarket last year.

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

Excusez Moi looks big at around the 16-1 mark. Hasn’t stayed 7f in two starts this term and fast run 5f could suit.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Hasn’t stayed 7f last 2 starts? Would have to disagree. In fact some of his best efforts have come at the trip, including one of his 2 wins.

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

Tend to agree with DJ, 5/1 is a too short a price for a 7 year old mare that needs to improve :(

However, ground and draw are favourable and the way she won the last twice, I will dabble, but not to mortgage standards…;)

regards,

doyley

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 676

Questions to ask about The Trader, but second in this last year and with a good reappearance record in 2003, 2004, wins at this time of year as well along with a high draw ticks lots of boxes for me. Negative is the bleeding on last outing but if the lay off has had the desired effect a big chance. Another Negative is age. Peryston View won this at 8.

Moss vale is class and also has a good draw. Moss Vale fits the profile for me aged 6.<br>Its an intriuging race with lots of questions, to ask about all the runners over distance, ability age with a 3yo and a 9yo, is Red Clubs runner up to Amadeus Wolf<br>the best form on offer? M.Hills has just the one ride.<br>Sierra Vista is in great form coming out of hadicap company but you cant back em all and the first two are my Selections.

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Indeed he can win doyley!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.