The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

CAN ANYONE HELP

Home Forums Horse Racing CAN ANYONE HELP

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    frankanwin
    • Total Posts 10

I know rpb is racing post best, and or official rating, but what is ts

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

topspeed

frankanwin
    • Total Posts 10

cheers for that, that means my baby is not half bad, I’m a new owner, or should I say new winner, as I’ve been in the game for many years. thanks for your help, Linda

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

Hi Linda.

I presume the horse is Para Siempre; before you go overboard on her t/s figure maybe it should be pointed out that, adjusted to 9st, her base figure is actually 10 pips lower than that published.<br>Having said that, she seems a very nice prospect, and I hope she goes on to win many more races for you.:)

frankanwin
    • Total Posts 10

Thanks for your comments reet hard, yes para is my babe, and I understand what you mean, I just can’t help being proud of her, as I choose her myself. We are looking forward to the flat season, as she has never really been asked the question, but what ever else she does she should be a great addition to my breeding programme.:)

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3087

<br>Linda,

You may be unaware that Para Siempre was the subject of an earlier thread on here, when we were sympathising with the connections about the ridiculous over-reaction of the official handicapper.

I can remember seeing her dam, Miriam, on numerous occasions round the southern tracks in the mid 90’s – oddly enough the one time she was tried on Fibresand, she appeared to hate it.

Best of luck when the turf season starts, and if the handicapper is right, then you can look forward to picking up some ‘black type’.

AP

frankanwin
    • Total Posts 10

many thanks apracing, I’m quite new to this site, so had not seen the comments about para. My trainer and I think the handicapper was hard on her, but she did win by too much.  But surely they should have taken the inexperiance of the jockey into account. But nothing can take away the sheer thrill of seeing her pass the winning post alone. If you ever watch the first time she won, you can hear me screaming, and I won’t appolagise for that. Watch this space!

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from frankanwin on 8:51 pm on Feb. 16, 2007[br]many thanks apracing, I’m quite new to this site, so had not seen the comments about para. My trainer and I think the handicapper was hard on her, but she did win by too much.  But surely they should have taken the inexperiance of the jockey into account. But nothing can take away the sheer thrill of seeing her pass the winning post alone. If you ever watch the first time she won, you can hear me screaming, and I won’t appolagise for that. Watch this space!

Dont apologise for anything Linda, racing needs a little lightening up, its still full of stuck up old codgers dressed in horrible tweed suits and ridiculous tweed hats they even dress their children like them. The Tweedies we call them. Why cant they dress like normal people (whatever normal means) your average Joe I suppose, its an elitist thing thats indellible in racing, another word snobbery.

I remember been at the Punchestown Festival a few years back with a bunch of my friends , one of my buddies was part owner of a horse it was called Anvil Lord it was running in the Bumber, we all had a good few quid on e/way at 25/1 , the horse won, so as you do, we all let a few hollers out, wouldnt you if you just backed a 25/1 shot, but a few of the Tweedie brigade took offence and lets us know. It seems like if you cheer a horse home your branded a lager lout, my buddies like a few beers as do I, but where certainly not louts.<br>

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

I knew you were a bumber!

Check it out guys before the edit :biggrin:

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from jilly on 9:48 pm on Feb. 16, 2007[br]I knew you were a bumber!

Check it out guys before the edit :biggrin:

<br>Well spotted Jilly, talk about putting my foot in it,<br>No point in editing caught red handed.<br>Can you excuse me guys I was in the middle of trying on my new latex outfit.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.