The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Camden Market Fire

Home Forums Lounge Camden Market Fire

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Am just watching the live pictures of the fire at Camden Market – how sad.

It has to be the best, most atmospheric, market in London – it looks to be a terrible fire.

I have spent many enjoyable hours strolling round the place in the past.

lollys mate
    • Total Posts 625

With you on that one Paul.

Where else could I buy a pair of pink combats, with a T-shirt that has lights on it, a pair of 18 hole D,M,s (Ox blood, of course) a wig that looks like fire, and a quarter of lemon bon bons?

Just hope the Chow mein place I like survived. :wink:

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

With the imminent closure of Affleck’s Palace in Manchester (for conversion to more bleeding luxury bleeding flats) and now this, it’s already been a grim old year for those of us who like our shopping a little more leftfield and beatnik than Bluebleedingwater.

As if the legendary Birmingham rock club Eddies No.8 burning to the ground in suspicious circumstances last year wasn’t bad enough!

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I always thought it was a bit of a dump

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5407

Traditional markets are a joy, Leadenhall in the City my favourite in London.

Newcastle’s is splendid as are several in the West Riding towns, notably Leeds.

Victoriana at its best.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

As a Camden resident, I can assure the hippies, goths, punks and general wierdos on the forum that it’s only the Canal Market (an utter dump unless you’re in desperate need of being skewewed, sorry pierced) which has been affected and the decent part of the old market, notably the stables and the lock, is fine and dandy. The Hawley Arms is a bit of a mess which is either a tragedy or a damned good thing, depending on your point of view.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Thanks Rory – that’s good news about the old stables area.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

I can assure the hippies, goths, punks and general wierdos on the forum

You called?

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3494

:old:

Did the old stall selling matches get burned down ?

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

this can be firmly blamed on non-smokers forcing smokers outside where there may not be ashtrays

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.