The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Calling MrE…..

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Calling MrE…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    elcarteroelcartero
    Participant
    • Total Posts 848

Good to see you back again, Old Chap..just as garrulous and sensible as ever, I’m pleased to note :D . We’re all missing Wild Bill of course but I think he’ll be returning in the next couple of days.
    Anyway, down to the business of steady if unspectacular profits and my version of your version of the excellent Golden Goose.
    I know you postpone making your selections until a short time prior to racing as they are determined by the expected SP but I wonder, from your experience, if the Racing Post betting forecast itself can change from that quoted online the night before up to the start of racing (other than the deletion of non-runners of course) as this will affect the selections under review. I believe it sometimes does and as a result undermines the whole selection process causing winners to be missed.
    Your thoughts on the above, preferably in less than 5000 words :D , are eagerly awaited.

Powered by Peppermint Linux

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

Hi Elc…. it is always best left to the person who is operating the system to decide upon which path to follow…. the problem is that you get slapped in the moosh from all directions when using different price comparisons, which is why I ended up betting closer to the "off"…. you mentioned taking the RP prices, which is OK, works well enough, but, without wishing to denigrate the RP in any way, I honestly found that The Sporting Life betting forecast to be more profitable when using GG….. I think that the best way forward is to keep a record of both to see which you find more to your liking, but I personally favour The Sporting Life… and you can get those odds the previous evening…. this makes the selections so much quicker, just look for any overnight withdrawals before going to work and your done and dusted….
    :D :D :D

MrE

MrE
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2149

There are a few things that need to be understood methinks…. the fact is that there are no systems that will point anybody to definite winners, all a system can do is to use a set of criteria to narrow the field so that the winners are easier to find….
    There are lots of good systems that do this, but what needs to be done is to search for the eventual selection to be at a price that is worth backing…. I am into ‘bot betting these days, this ensures that I get the odds that I require to make a profit, if the odds are not there, then the bet does not get placed…. it matters not whether we are talking the Golden Goose or the Dismal Duck, every bet must be worth taking the chance and a lot are not….
    Billy ‘Un and myself have spent months making our selections and posting them to each other and we were miles out in our eventual profits and losses, if memory doesn’t fail me, Billy Boy was showing a loss for December whilst I was showing a profit… only an 8pt profit for me, but that was about 16pts better than Bill…. we looked at it quite carefully and some of Bill’s losses were obvious mistakes by Bill, but most of the difference was that I chose not to bet because of various reasons whilst Bill stood by the letter of the law and bet every selection regardless…. I really don’t think this is an option, I think you have to look at other angles too, the going has to be paramount in your equations, followed by odds that you obtain…. a difficult line to take if I was to say that you must follow a hard and fast rule, I think that you have to adapt to the breeze, if your to rigid in your approach you will snap at the slightest breeze, but if you allow yourself to be flexible you can withstand a gale….
    This doesn’t help anybody that’s looking for a fixed set of rules to point them to a certain unmissable fortune…. but it aint there, it’s an almost impossible task to beat the book consistently…. a few do it, you can read their books, Patrick Veitch springs to mind, but he wasn’t pratting about with £5’s, he was adamant that he knew what he was doing and he had the bank to do it…. I was never, and never will be, in that league, but I have spent many a good enjoyable day out with them and I know how it works and I would say quite honestly, that I doubt that many on here could put the effort in that they do, and the bank required to withstand the horrendous losses incurred with losing runs, yes, they get ’em too, and the thought of their losses make me wanna cry….. not for me guys, I only play at it, I find it very profitable, but I’m still a frigging Scrooge when it comes to risking money…. the secret of my success is that I’m not afraid to say rollox and walk away from it for a week or two…..
    OK, so this doesn’t help any of you at all, it aint meant to, I just want you to realise that I’m not your answer…. there is no answer….. I can give you profitable ideas that work great for me, but YOU have a different mindset from me and the same ideas may not work for you…. it’s because that you will bet whatever the system says you must, because it’s a system selection, and I will say no chance, I aint gonna risk my fiver on that…. I try to teach people how to win at Roulette, they lose and I win….. so we all log onto the same table and place the same bets, but they lose and I win….. why???…. because I choose to bet when I want, when I feel that the time is right according to the history (form), they bet because the system tells them to….. everybody’s different, we can only be guided along the path, the final decision on when to place a bet is down to the individual and I have no control over that….
    When I post again, I’ll give you an easy system that I have been making a few pounds profit every month…. in just over two years (26 months) I have not had a losing month, but will you get the same, somehow I doubt it, but I’m willing to share if it helps….
    :D :D :D :D :D :D

MrE

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

I do believe

elcartero

requested an answer in LESS THAN 5000 WORDS.

It must be a close run thing . . . . .

:roll: :roll: :wink:

Billy's Outback Shack

billion
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4379

To my chagrin I confirm

MrE

‘s comments regarding my losses of December.

However regarding

elcartero

‘s comments I do believe selection consistency may be one of may selection keys.

If one disregards the possibility of non runners closer to "the off" the selection process of the GG is as good as any. Scratching the race is one answer when a non runner occurs or moving along to the next in the forcast is another as long as one maintains consistency.

Moreover staking to suit the results taken from a lengthy period I believe is paramount and suggest it maybe the staking for the jumps can be different from flat racing.

Over to you

Maestro

Billy's Outback Shack

elcarteroelcartero
    Participant
    • Total Posts 848

Over the last few months the RP forecast has definitely had the edge over the SL (which appears to be markedly similar to the Daily Mail) for my selection process but I’m monitoring the overnight forecast for any changes before committing myself to a selection.

Hi Elc…. it is always best left to the person who is operating the system to decide upon which path to follow…. the problem is that you get slapped in the moosh from all directions when using different price comparisons, which is why I ended up betting closer to the "off"…. you mentioned taking the RP prices, which is OK, works well enough, but, without wishing to denigrate the RP in any way, I honestly found that The Sporting Life betting forecast to be more profitable when using GG….. I think that the best way forward is to keep a record of both to see which you find more to your liking, but I personally favour The Sporting Life… and you can get those odds the previous evening…. this makes the selections so much quicker, just look for any overnight withdrawals before going to work and your done and dusted….
    :D :D :D

MrE