The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

C4 Grand National Promo Film tonight

Home Forums Horse Racing C4 Grand National Promo Film tonight

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 750
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

According to the report I saw in the Racing Post that well known jumps follower Emma Spencer was part of the team involved in this promo… :?

no idea
    • Total Posts 684

Reading what the Sporting Life say it sounds like its going to be horiffic coverage.
    Head on shots, aerial shots, running rails shots.
    All I want to do is watch the damned race and be able to see all the horses at once not some fancy shots that does not able you to see what is going on with 90% of the field.
    I just hope RUK don’t sign up with them and ruin their coverage to.
    Oh BBC what have you done.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

Oh my god that was dreadful. I have no idea what that advert is supposed to do with the Grand National, for example a horse falls and destroys a greenhouse… h’uh??

obiwankenobi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 349

Oh dear, what a load of rubbish. 90 seconds of tripe.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

The only relevance it has with C4’s racing coverage is the ridiculous "arty" shots.

I cannot see that trailer attracting a single extra viewer to the TV coverage – indeed it may well have the opposite effect.

So a horse demolishing a greenhouse is meant to sell the sport?

obiwankenobi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 349

The only relevance it has with C4’s racing coverage is the ridiculous "arty" shots.

I cannot see that trailer attracting a single extra viewer to the TV coverage – indeed it may well have the opposite effect.

So a horse demolishing a greenhouse is meant to sell the sport?

What that film actually says about the GN is "look at these muppets coming to race round these highly controversial fences with horses falling at stupid fences" hence the greenhouse. Complete waste of money, could have paid for Derek Thompson et al to keep at least a portion of their jobs, or put something back into racing that is meaningful.

jibsa
    • Total Posts 164

Race needs another sponsor soon, I suggest Tesco make a bid

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Saw it this morning, what an absolute load of rubbish. If anyone makes the connection between that and the Grand National without seeing the GN on C4 bit on the end, they’re a miracle worker. Certainly the general public won’t. I can only think they believe that viewers who don’t follow horse racing will be so intrigued by the advert that they’ll wait to the end to find out what it’s all about. Unfortunately, it chops and changes views so much that I doubt anyone will willingly sit through 90 seconds of it before finding something else to watch or go to make a cup of tea.

As I said in my thread on it, advert for 3-day eventing coverage yes, GN definitely no.

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

I recorded this ad this morning and just showed it to the OH. First words out of his mouth, "Well, it’s nothing to do with horse racing." That’s really going to boost the viewing figures, folks.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Oh my god that was dreadful. I have no idea what that advert is supposed to do with the Grand National, for example a horse falls and destroys a greenhouse… h’uh??

The horse doesn’t fall

Participant
    • Total Posts 2805

Saw it yesterday. Thought it was very good.

Mike

deep sensation
    • Total Posts 139

Horse Racing fans on a forum not liking something shocker!

I’m looking forward to the day that racing is no longer on mainstream TV and jump racing is banned.

Reading Racing forums really will be fun then :)

Pajo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 82

The advert has been very, very well received. And most importantly is getting plenty of air time.

There will always be people giving out though. Usually the same people. And some just won’t get it.

Racing will move on.

obiwankenobi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 349

Letter in yesterdays R.P. wasn’t a glowing appraisal!

Participant
    • Total Posts 18

I don’t like the advert to be honest, but I can see how it might appeal to the general public. The more people that still watch the race the better, I hope the viewing figures don’t go down a lot for it being on Channel 4 instead. Will probably still be fine.

http:///www.grand-national-race.co.uk

fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

It looks like a small part of the advert was filmed on Abercrombie Square, Liverpool – the home of my Alma Mater, the University of Liverpool School of History.

I rather like the ad – I s’pose it’s all to represent the National being The People’s Race – and it’s fun.

Or would you rather the advert be 90 seconds of Nick Mordin and Tom Segal dancing the five-knuckle-shuffle while footage of Arkle plays in the background?

FLD

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.