The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Burnout

Home Forums Horse Racing Burnout

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

Made 2 really stupid mistakes today..has cost me hundreds.

1. Clicked the wrong name, missed the 50/1 place in the 3.50
    2. Doing my analysis on the last at Wolves put the distance as 16f instead of 17f (its 17f in my database) so backed Phoenix Hill based on incorrect data.

My brain is fried from the daily onslaught. Anyone else ever get burned out from playing the horses? :shock:

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Not any more.

If in doubt, cop out!

Colin

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Sorry to hear of your mishap Cav. :(

Never for me as I never use the exchanges so don’t click buttons :wink:

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

Love my "real job" but had enough of the company I worked for so left and took a few months off. Always wanted to give racing my full time attention and I’m certain I can make decent money from it going forward.

Having said that I cant wait to get back to the real world (after Cheltehnam :D ). Its not all its cracked up to be this pro gambling lark. :shock:

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Made 2 really stupid mistakes today..has cost me hundreds.

1. Clicked the wrong name, missed the 50/1 place in the 3.50
    2. Doing my analysis on the last at Wolves put the distance as 16f instead of 17f (its 17f in my database) so backed Phoenix Hill based on incorrect data.

My brain is fried from the daily onslaught. Anyone else ever get burned out from playing the horses? :shock:

I had one bit of luck when I was told to back Another Brother and the race was abandoned and I called back a couple of days later to ask when he was running next……….Yesteday he got stuffed I was told…….thought I was invincible after that :roll: Until I took stock

Mate I have done so many things that go against the grain since joining this forum I think my brain has been cremated never mind fried. I have turned what has been a real good betting seaon form me into a totally dependant one on AP bets at Cheltenham. Never done that in my life. No matter what anyone says or what price you get it’s a risk I seldom take. Kauto was my only intended AP bet at the start of the season. Money Trix has cost me bundles already as he wont run and another one of Ferdys looks doubtful.

Then for what reason, I have no idea, I never backed Afsoun on Saturday I think I started to believe what others were saying about Straw Bear instead of using my own judgement. I was absolutely fuming with myself.

Maybe It’s this forum mate there all fookin mad on here :lol: ….Seriously you get involved in these debates and too many opinions you start to doubt your own mind and make mistakes computers are the worlds worst for completely knocking your thinking for 6.

This may sound funny but this is the sort of thing that happens when you get over involved whether it be too much studying or simply thinking too much. "I called my bookie after being on here for several hours and asked if I could bet Arkle in the Noland one day"………he laughed and said "you can have 25,000/1 Arkle running it that one, go and have a sleep and call me later when you wake up" :lol: ……….I don’t make mistakes like that and didn’t even know I had said it until he told me.

If you are spending too much time in front of your screen curb it mate is my advice.

batman
    • Total Posts 489

[

….Seriously you get involved in these debates and too many opinions you start to doubt your own mind .

Tell me about it was never going to back anything else apart from Mossbank on Sunday then you read the other posts on the race and you start to think!!!

well no more thinking for me :shock: Mossbank and thats it, if it does not win no one to blame…. :)

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Mossbank doesn’t run.

Colin

batman
    • Total Posts 489

Mossbank doesn’t run.

Colin

serious?? Dammmmmmmmmmmm

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Its interesting how often you read how the enjoyment (and perhaps the judgement) goes when punters go full time

Dont know how you do it Carv :?

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3216

Clive,

Maybe you could turn that round a bit and say that if you no longer enjoy the sport or the challenge once you go full time, then that’s the best possible indication that you aren’t intended to make a living that way.

I like to grow my own vegetables, but I wouldn’t want to be a potato farmer!

AP

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

I do enjoy the sport, and its the challenge that attracts me. I never feel compelled to bet, if I did then all plans for success could be quickly forgotten.

However this game is VERY mathematically unforgiving and maintaining an edge comes with a price on the much more important parts of one’s life.

Thats been my experience over the last 6 months anyway.

now back to Kempton….. :shock:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.