The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Brigadier Gerard 2012

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Brigadier Gerard 2012

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rob2005
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

What are people views on this one tomorrow?

Carlton House looks far to short (evens & 5/6 in places) compared to last year when Derby and Arc winner went off at the same price of evens – you cant be telling me that Carlton House; a horse which has won a maiden and a Dante is in the same league as workforce!?

Columbian looks more of a betting proposition especially having had a run.

• Total Posts 166

I agree with you on Columbian. :)

• Total Posts 1533

The way they are talking about Carlton House’s performance on the gallops last week it would take a brave man to oppose him . He’d pick up this lost carry them if 95% fit.

He’s a Group 1 horse in the making while Columbian was possibly flattered when he had Twice Over back in 3rd last time, so I’ll be surprised if he’s any better than 4/6 for this a race he won last year with Workforce.

Fully expect him to win the the first leg of treble for the yard tomorrow night. :P Cocky or what? :lol:

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Workforce had never won over 10 furlongs and was carrying the group 1 penalty which has stopped some very good horses from winning this race in the past. The 3lb penalty and firmer ground do not look to be Colombian’s favour. If Carlton House is not fully tuned, I’m a Dreamer could be the one to take advantage.

rob2005
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

The ground should not not be a problem for columbian, its good to firm at the moment and he has won and placed on GF – the 3lb penalty could be against him as you say.

• Total Posts 1217

Carlton House should win this comfortably.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33002

I agree with Eclipse.

Stoutey seems to be in better form now, but Carlton House will have to bring his "A" game to win and this is his reappearance so may not be 100%.

I backed Columbian last time out, but this going is a lot different. Has won on it, but that was only a maiden and improved with ease in the ground since. There is a chance of an easy lead though which might give him an advantage.

Hunters Light would’ve been interesting had he not ran so poorly last time. Bin Suroor is in good form though.

Sagramor needs to improve a lot for the step up in trip.

Sos Brilliante needs an SOS and isn’t brilliant.

Im A Dreamer is the bet for me. 3rd in a Group 2 at York recently, 2 1/2 lengths behind Izzi Top. Goes well on the ground. Pace is the big worry, can’t find much of it and she’s usually held up for a late run. But I believe 4/1 under estimates her chance and have backed Im A Dreamer each way.

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1217

Why people look beyond the obvious sometimes beyond me…

• Total Posts 1533

Why some people gloat is beyond me :P

• Total Posts 1217

Not gloating Hurdy, didn’t mean to anyway,, just saying that CH looked rock solid to me, OK I’m saying it with the benefit of hindsight but he’s a G1 performer racing in a G3…

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

Why people look beyond the obvious sometimes beyond me…

Can i borrow your trumpet over the weekend?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.