Brexit – no meaningful vote

Home Forums Lounge Brexit – no meaningful vote

This topic contains 110 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by befair befair 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 total)
  • Author

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1137

but I can speak for one of them and I can assure you that they no longer find this country to be particularly tolerant after that.

“i cant speak for them all but the i do”

****** clown

Recent polling https://fra.europa.eu/en/press-release/2010/eu-survey-minorities-and-immigrants-sheds-new-light-extent-racism-eu

UK was by far the least prejudiced country in EU twoards sub shaharan africans.

Antisemitism is prejudice regardless of religous beliefs. islamaphocia is a dislike of a particular religion (which does have different strands and should be acknowledged). “islamaphobia” is used to shout down those that dont wish to see the very worst aspects of a religion that being taken to task

No one has to follow islam. No jew had a choice at Auschwitz

Hitler didnt discriminate between secular and non secular jews. Nor do his fellow travellers on the hard left

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2617

There was a young Dave from London
    Who cast lots to be rid of his loved one
    He drove her to a cliff
    After a three year tiff
    Where she told him
    She’d left the gas on.

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 237

but I can speak for one of them and I can assure you that they no longer find this country to be particularly tolerant after that.

“i cant speak for them all but the i do”

No, I don’t. By ‘they’ I mean the individual in question. I would however be massively surprised if there aren’t many more who feel the same way though.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26327

Just vote for the bloody Withdrawl agreement you disrespecters!

value is everything

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2617

Looks like the Brits were the first to blink. Lovely day but showers in Westminster. Promised a Ferrari and a Morris Minor arrives three years later. An inspired analogy from Grass on the other channel

If there was a mood to leave it needed far better planning than this, but now the fuse has been lit some concerted solution must be found and quickly. I feel sorry for both sides as there will be joint pain or a dire meltdown of the public purse. Even May’s past speechwriter and strategist has lost faith in her siding with party over National unity. That surprised him but spoken this after the storm.

befair
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 995

I practiced on the Irish Border for 20 yrs, saw many of your young soldiers lying dead on the cold ground. There are dark forces waiting to exploit Brexit, + I don’t think Rees-Mogg or Boris will be signing up to fight if it starts again; always someone else’s children to be killed, while the Scarlet Majors sit safely at the base.

In N Ireland the demographic switch from a unionist to a nationalist majority is due by ~ 2021; we hoped that some nationalists might support staying in the UK on economic grounds, but that’s gone; Brexit is like Xmas for Sinn Fein, and has destabilised us even further. If Scotland follows, I hope England/Wales will be happy. Such a descent from the self-confidence of the London Olympics; now it’s all fear/rancour/blaming immigrants

Viewing 6 posts - 106 through 111 (of 111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.