The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Breeders Cup 2007

Home Forums Horse Racing Breeders Cup 2007

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

do Storm Cats have a bit of a temperament problem? I always got the impression that Storm Cat ate people for breakfast……which top horses has he sired [both here and in America]?

Sal
    • Total Posts 562

Storm Cat doesn’t have so many runners over here, as they are predominately dirt horses, and also in the last few seasons he has been winding down with the number of mares covered. However, he has had great success with some of his on grass, Giant’s Causeway, obviously, Black Minnaloushe, Aljabr, Hold That Tiger, Denebola, Sophisticat (OCC is deliberately left out). He’s had a relatively quiet year with about 27 runners, 10 winners of 13 races, the most prominent being You’resothrilling’s win in the Cherry Hinton. He’s also got reasonable 2yos in One Great Cat and Lucifer Sam. After Market is his only Gr.1 winner in the States this year.

Don’t recall much about his progeny being nutters, although he himself was described as ‘strong-willed’ – it doesn’t seem to have affected his success rate.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Be careful with the Mile, because I read that Godolphin are likely to enter Discreet Cat for it, rather than the Classic.

pengamon
    • Total Posts 226

Be careful with the Mile, because I read that Godolphin are likely to enter Discreet Cat for it, rather than the Classic.

The race that Discreet Cat will probably run in is a new 1 Mile 70 Yard dirt race and not the Breeders’ Cup Mile.

ClintM
    • Total Posts 237

Be careful with Nobiz Like Shobiz in the Mile. I’ve noticed that some British bookies are making him fav for the race, despite his trainer , Barclay Tagg , saying that the horse probably won’t run.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

How Swain and Giants Causeway didnt win the classic i will never know…..wait a minute..its come to me…frankies meltdown in the saddle and Micks butter fingers! :twisted: :roll: I want us to win that race so badly! Swain didnt do too badly out of that either,he actually fooled the yanks into believing he was a dirt horse! they were wanting some of him after that.

ClintM
    • Total Posts 237

How Swain and Giants Causeway didnt win the classic i will never know…..wait a minute..its come to me…frankies meltdown in the saddle and Micks butter fingers! :twisted: :roll: I want us to win that race so badly! Swain didnt do too badly out of that either,he actually fooled the yanks into believing he was a dirt horse! they were wanting some of him after that.

Far from fooling anyone, what Swain actually did in the Classic was prove that he was equally adept on turf and dirt.

Giants Causeway was a fantastically gifted and tough, and was beaten in the Classic by a similarly talented and tenacious horse .I wonder how many European hearts Tiznow broke when he short-headed Sakhee as well at Belmont the following year.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Sakhee slipped my mind. You just broke my heart again.GW was travelling like a tank 3f out last year but didnt pick up on the surface.

• Total Posts 1982

I purchased tickets for this event a few months ago and will have to decide in the next few days whether to go or not. I was travelling the States for 6 weeks in June / July and that put a slight dent in my bank account.

I’d love to see GW run in the mile. A fast pace on good ground would be perfect for him. Is Benbaun an intended runner in the Sprint?

Mr Frisk
    Participant
    • Total Posts 163

Wallace said Hong Kong and then Australia after the Abbaye.

ClintM
    • Total Posts 237

GW was travelling like a tank 3f out last year but didnt pick up on the surface.

I saw it differently : he was kept off of a hot pace and still couldn’t close.

andyccfc
    • Total Posts 123

Dosnt look like george is going to the Breeders does it. Shame, would much prefere to see him there then Excellent Art. So i take it thats it for GW after the Champion next week?

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Thanks for that information about Discreet Cat, pengammon.

Is it actually on the same night at the BC meeting? Or is it somewhere else?

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

It’s on the night before.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Thanks. Mustn’t miss it.

pengamon
    • Total Posts 226

Thanks. Mustn’t miss it.

The only place I’ve seen odds for all 11 races is the Australian site sportingbet.

They have Discreet Cat as a joint 2nd fv with Met Mile winner Corinithian behind the market leader Diamond Stripes who won the Meadowlands Cup a week ago today. I think I like Hamdan al Maktoum’s horse Daaher. He ran an awesome race when winning at Saratoga.

There are 3 new Breeders’ Cup races to be on the Friday. All worth $1 million but will be ungraded-i guess for their 1st 3 runnings?

The other 2 new races are a Juvenile Turf race and a sprint for fillies on the dirt.

Don’t know the order of the 3 races but they look set to be run at 920,955 and 1035 our time.

On Saturday post time is 4pm with the 1st Breeders’ Cup race starting at 530pm

pengamon
    • Total Posts 226

Thanks. Mustn’t miss it.

The only place I’ve seen odds for all 11 races is the Australian site sportingbet.

They have Discreet Cat as a joint 2nd fv with Met Mile winner Corinithian behind the market leader Diamond Stripes who won the Meadowlands Cup a week ago today. I think I like Hamdan al Maktoum’s horse Daaher. He ran an awesome race when winning at Saratoga.

There are 3 new Breeders’ Cup races to be on the Friday. All worth $1 million but will be ungraded-i guess for their 1st 3 runnings?

The other 2 new races are a Juvenile Turf race and a sprint for fillies on the dirt.

Don’t know the order of the 3 races but they look set to be run at 920,955 and 1035 our time.

On Saturday post time is 4pm with the 1st Breeders’ Cup race starting at 530pm

Don’t back Daaher-he’s skipping the Breeders’ Cup to run in the Cigar Mile

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.