The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Breeders Cup 2007

Home Forums Horse Racing Breeders Cup 2007

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 22

Not long to go. Is there anywhere I can access the early entries for this year (or can someone list them on here) ?

Cheers.

MikkyMo73
    • Total Posts 1789

"Just say No – No, just say No".

Sorry Zammo, couldn’t resist :lol:

Haven’t got a clue about the decs mate, has the track got it’s own website? Perhaps there would be some news on there if they have one.

Mike

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833
    Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Zammo, the Breeders’ Cup races close at noon on Monday 15th October.

On Tuesday there will be a handicappers conference to work out the fields if they are oversubscribed and they will be released to the media at lunchtime on Wednesday.

Declarations to run for the 3 new Breeders’ Cup races on Friday and the usual 8 races on Saturday will be at 10am EDT (local time in New Jersey).

andyccfc
    • Total Posts 123

is George Washington going over? Would love to see him in the Mile, Dylan Thomas in the Turf and Peeping Fawn in the Fillie and Mares. Ballydoyle Treble!!

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

is George Washington going over? Would love to see him in the Mile, Dylan Thomas in the Turf and Peeping Fawn in the Fillie and Mares. Ballydoyle Treble!!

I expect George Washington to go as he’s not exactly rushed off his feet with mares to cover.What else is there for the poor bugger to do.It will take his mind off things too which may help :cry:

andyccfc
    • Total Posts 123

so will GW return again as a 5 year old seeing as he cant perform in the ‘bedroom’?

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Im sure that as soon as his testicles show any signs off life they will rush him off to the paradise of the covering shed.If he could rack up a few G1’s while hopefully,his sperm count improves,then it will be a fairytale ending for his connections.sort of. :shock:

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

has anyone established yet what is happening with Peeping Fawn ie is she still in training, is she out for the season, is she out for good???

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Im sure i read PF will stay in training.She’s still improving and would surely be worth more if a few more G1’s were got.She’s a monster of a filly.

trackside528
    • Total Posts 137

Stays in training next year but is finished for the year.

• Total Posts 263

If his hard season hasn’t taken too much out of him and he travels over there ok, Dylan Thomas is the CLEAR favourite for the the turf. Nothing in the states comes close to his form and he’d get his favoured fast ground as well.

It would be fun to watch George Washington run in one of the races. I know he hasn’t set the world alight this season but he’s got the talent to turn out one huge performance.

Passage of Time could run a decent race in the filly & mare’s turf although America have a very good contender in that race, the unbeaten Nashoba’s Key.

I follow the main American races and so I really can’t wait for the Classic. Curlin, Street Sense, Hard Spun, Any Given Saturday, Lawer Ron, Tiago etc… plus maybe a european challenger. It’s going to be a great race to watch.

Also, I wonder if any of our main two year olds will contest the new BC Juvenile Turf? I would have thought that race would be one that the Europeans could dominate with the Americans focused on the Dirt version.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

What distance is that over Arazi?

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

The Juvenile Turf is one of the 3 new million dollar races run on Friday October 26th. It will be run over a mile. As the turf course is 7 furlongs round (same dimensions as Santa Anita) the start will be in front of the stands.

They didn’t have rain for 2 weeks and the ground was firm until last night when they did get some rain at Monmouth. They are forecasting the recent very hot weather to break and for it to be in the usual 60s for the next couple of week with a chance of clouds/showers occasionally. I’d expect good ground by raceday or perhaps a little on the firm side of that.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

I’d be amazed if Ballydoyle didn’t send over a couple for the new Juvenile race given how often they have runners in the Dirt equivalent.

The Wizard
    • Total Posts 92

I expect George Washington to go as he’s not exactly rushed off his feet with mares to cover.What else is there for the poor bugger to do.It will take his mind off things too which may help :cry:

Please let them take him over thereby bypassing the Champion Stakes, as he could scupper our plans of a top 3 finish in the Flat Ten To Follow competition (currently in 4th).

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

If the’ve got anything decent by Sorm Cat they probably will…What ever happened to storm cat as a top class sire in europe? hmmm

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.