The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

International Hurdle 2008

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion International Hurdle 2008

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

‘Binny’ reminds me of ‘bitty’ from Little Britain which is why I find it a bit creepy…..

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

They all have real names Fists like – jack, davey, molly, susie. A few I know from yards I’ve visited/been association with are Gunner, Happy, Batman, Flo – you certain that they couldn’t find anything more suitable for Binocular?

Benny maybe?

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

Is yours that empty you have to bring up you were "the first" to spot Binocular as a CH horse at every opportunity, obviously lets not let the fact he wasn’t good enough to win the Supreme Novices, when you said he was a certainty mind, get in the way of your back slapping (own) contest.

If you read above, i wasn’t even talking to you, but with an ego your size i’m not suprised you assumed it was.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

They all have real names Fists like – jack, davey, molly, susie. A few I know from yards I’ve visited/been association with are Gunner, Happy, Batman, Flo – you certain that they couldn’t find anything more suitable for Binocular?

Benny maybe?

I could live with that…..let’s call him Benny .you call the yard I’ll call the press :lol:

Pru when did I say Binocular was a certainty for the Supreme? I fancied him strongly enough to bet him EW for it and he all but pulled it off….not bad for a 4 year old on his 3rd run over hurdles was it?………….I said he was a good thing for the Triumph that they were over rating Franchoek and he wasn’t in the same class. JP in his wisdom and to his cost withdrew him.

As it turned out Franchoek got stuffed by Celestial Halo who was well and truly stuffed by Binocular or Benny if you prefer it…….anyway mate can’t say we don’t try…. so come on tell me…what do you think of the new name? :lol:

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

I like Benny more – let’s drop Henderson an e-mail and tell him we’ve re-named his horse :wink:

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I could think of a few other names if he gets beat in the Champion Hurdle :lol:

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Franchoek – Frankie

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Wonder if they call him Choker after the Triumph…..where’s Gareth when you need him :wink:

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Seems the race will now take place at Ascot on Saturday. Lets hope all
    those who were entered for last Saturday run.

I doubt if we will see Binocular at as good a price as they were offering late on Saurday.

• Total Posts 2440

Dont think Katchit will be suited at all to Ascot, but i hope i am wrong.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Nor Celestial Halo…

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Nor Crack Away Jack ..I hope :lol:

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Could consider river liane if he lines up again at the same price. Binocular is very hard to oppose now though.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

It could make it more interesting in the long term Gareth…If Binocular beat Katchit a couple of lengths round Ascot gettin weight you would have to fancy him getting his revenge at Cheltenham.

Looks like being a great meeting weather permitting and this puts the icing on the cake.

• Total Posts 2440

It could make it more interesting in the long term Gareth…If Binocular beat Katchit a couple of lengths round Ascot gettin weight you would have to fancy him getting his revenge at Cheltenham.

Looks like being a great meeting weather permitting and this puts the icing on the cake.

Possibly Fists, this track will suit Binocular down to the ground, it will suit his speed, and i really cant see anything beating him at the moment.

Katchit will improve at Cheltenham, no doubt about that, but i dont think it will play into his strengths at all at the weekend.

TheOneAndOnlyTonyMcCoy
    • Total Posts 202

Many horses will probabley not be suited to Ascot. I should think Binocular will win

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Guarantee CAJ will be a bigger price here than at Cheltenham due to his poor round of jumping last time out at Ascot.

Realistically though – with a decent jump at the last in that race I think he wouldve beaten Chombawomba.

Binocular will be all over this though . If he gets even close to the 9/4 that was available on Saturday morning you’d have to snap the price up

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.