The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Black Jack Retired

Home Forums Horse Racing Black Jack Retired

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

He has been retired because he "wasn’t enjoying it anymore".

Stating the bleeding obvious really – however he owes his connections nothing and may he have a long and happy retirement – which will be in Barbados – lucky him.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4822

Poor old Black Jack was never the same after his heavy fall in the World Hurdle. A sensible decision and good to see him leave the racing game intact.

Marsh
    • Total Posts 92

He was never the same after the Cleeve Hurdle.

Looked like a world beater but it all went pairshaped.

Hope he enjoys his retirement.

AndyRAC
    Participant
    • Total Posts 369

Disappointing news, still maintain he was talented. Why not a change of stables – might freshen him up, he’s still relatively young – not many miles on clock. Pity he wasn’t tried over 2m or 2m4f earlier.

MCFC Stan
    • Total Posts 377

A top class novice who never quite went on to fulfil his potential. Won me a packet though when he won the Brit Hurdle, especially after I’d nearly gone under lumping on Denman for the Sun Alliance Hurdle 2 days before.

dubai_millennium
    • Total Posts 139

Was a special horse and had something go wrong IMO, not the over-rated horse some people believe. As I mentioned on another thread, the Ascot Gold Cup should have been his new target! Hope he has a happy retirement.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

I have read on another forum that the horse has a mis-aligned spine, which can’t be good for a race-horse.

Colin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.