The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

BJK vs Inglis…Long Distance Hurdle

Home Forums Horse Racing BJK vs Inglis…Long Distance Hurdle

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    andyccfc
    • Total Posts 123

Is the race tomorrow between these 2 or should someone else be considered? Im just not convinced by BJK at this distance but it is Inglis Drevers reappreance, so who should i be looking at??

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

Look elsewhere….maybe at something that fell at the last hurdle last time out.. :wink:

• Total Posts 22

Rock the Kasbah !

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Bear in mind Inglis won this race first time out last season, so being fresh is not an issue.

At his best Black Jack could win the race, but personally I still don’t trust him, he is too unpredictable.

Kasbah will appreciate any more rain, however last time he faced this distance he didn’t get it, so that would be a worry.

Not very original but I am leaning towards Inglis although I wouldn’t write off Chief Dan George, more so if it continues to rain.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I think this is a far stronger race than Inglis Drever won last year, if he only runs to the same level of form he did last year, he’ll struggle. That said, he’s a horse that is only going to do just enough so I wouldn’t take that as evidence he can’t be at his best first time out.

Black Jack Ketchum was being unfairly crabbed for being unimpressive at Wetherby but I don’t think it was a bad effort at all. The runner-up was in receipt of 8 lb and is pretty talented on his day. Even a reproduction of his apparently disappointing Aintree run would give him a leading chance in his I feel.

I feel Kasbah Bliss is probably better at shorter. He didn’t get home either at Sandown or Cheltenham last season.

I don’t like Chief Dan George’s form and think he’s got to improve plenty to figure. I backed Special Envoy earlier in the week and remain confident of a good hsow from him. A reproduction of last weeks form will see him right there whilst he is also adaptable regarding tactics. If there’s no pace on he can make it whilst he can also sit behind too.

• Total Posts 602

Got to agree with Zammo here – Rock the Kasbah!!

As well as my German racing, I’m also a keen follower of the French racing scene, and Kasbah Bliss’ last two runs have been nothing short of sensational. In his last race at Auteuil, he won by about 10 lengths, leaving the great Mid Dancer trailing in his wake. One horse well beaten in this race was Noble Kaid, who earlier this afternoon won the Enghien Champion Hurdle. Before that, Kasbah Bliss comfortably beat Zaiyad, regarded by many as the best staying hurdler in France at the moment.

It is interesting to note that his form appears to have improved greatly from a few months ago. Doumen says it’s because the horse is getting older and stronger, however I think a big part of this is down to Christophe Pieux, who has ridden Kasbah Bliss is his last two races. Yes, the distance is a question mark, but look at the facts:

April 2007 – Kasbah Bliss, ridden by Arnaud Duchene, beaten comfortably by Mid Dancer (despite getting 2kg)

October 2007 – Same course, going, distance and weight difference (Kasbah Bliss gets 2kg), and Kasbah Bliss, with Pieux in the saddle wins in a canter, with Mid Dancer around 16 lengths back.

Did Mid Dancer have an off day? Yes, I know he lost a shoe during the race and made a couple of mistakes, but I think Kasbah Bliss is a different horse to what he was a few months ago.

Darren – AngloGerman

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I tend to go with the "older and stronger" theory myself- witness the terrible record of 5 year olds in the Stayers Hurdle- I think he’ll stay better this year and has a definite shout tomorrow though like DJ, I’m on Special at the enormous 10/1 (thanks James!)

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Did any reason come to light for Blazing Bailey dropping away last time out?

Ignore that run and he has a big chance yet seems to be being ignored everywhere.

• Total Posts 2440

I personally think Blazing Bailey is a much better horse than Black Jack Ketchum.

Much more pace, a better stayer too.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I’d say Alan King left a bit to work on with all of his main horses – MWDS is another who should come on for his run. I think Blazing Bailey is a great bet.

• Total Posts 2440

I’d say Alan King left a bit to work on with all of his main horses – MWDS is another who should come on for his run. I think Blazing Bailey is a great bet.

Agree.

For a horse that has done as well as Blazing Bailey has in the last 12 months or so, putting him so far behind Inglis Drever and Black Jack Ketchum in the market, is ridiculous in my opinion.

I am biased though because i love the Alan King yard.

However, 8/1 for Blazing Bailey, will have some of that.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Anyone know what the weather is doing in Newbury?

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

If it turns into a slog, Inglis Drever should win.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

The evidence so far seems to indicate that it’s the ground, rather than the distance that BJK doesn’t like- I reckon he’s a good ground horse. Conditions looked testing enough today at Newbury so further rain would for me be a definite negative to his chance.

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

Seen a great horse today, but don’t want to leave old Inglis out of it. Great to see and what a positive weekend after the last 2. :D

oh and the 12.20 at Towcester is worth seeing again, in case anyone missed it :lol:

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Great performance from Ingles Drever. I backed Blazing Bailey and I was disappointed with him. Given a soft lead from the start on last seasons form he should’ve won easily enough given ten – fifteen lengths but he hit a hurdle and went out like a light again.

Ingles Drever – what can you say though, as good as ever.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.