The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

BHA – Pathetic Doesn’t Begin To Sum You Up

Home Forums Horse Racing BHA – Pathetic Doesn’t Begin To Sum You Up

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4517

You have the nerve to call yourself an Authority. An organisation as feeble as the PJA has make you look stupid.

Two backtracks in no space of time. The suspensions needed to be a strong deterrent. You have got rid of that. Giving discretion to a bunch of old codgers will effectively mean loads of jocks just escaping bans. You may as well let the jocks do what they like – it will save them chipping away until nothing is left.

Why bring the rules in if you have no backbone to support them. Clearly you never really wanted to do anything in the first place. I think all the signs were there in the negative reaction to the Towcester idea.

What is Muir doing? The RSPCA should get rid of him and replace him with someone who is actually concerned about horse welfare.

It beggars belief that we all know if the public had a free vote the whip would go overnight but during this sorry episode only one person from the ‘racing community’ – Ferdy Murphy – has spoken out in favour of the rule changes.

The horses make the sport great, but the people within it appear to be on another planet.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

You must be the first person to call for the RSPCA to replace

David Muir

because he’s not been tough enough

!

As for the rest, you’d better get used to these backtracks, because there’ll be at least one more major one before this settles down. It becomes more and more obvious that none of these concessions has much chance of making the rules workable until the "stroke counts" are at least significantly bumped upwards.

Excellent analysis just now on RUK from

Graham Cunningham

. The question he repeatedly asks: who was it who came up with these unworkable figures of 7 and 8? And what were their reasons?

The rest of your post is a fact-free zone.

Read the Report

and you’ll see whether the "majority" wants the whip done away with: they absolutely do not.

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

What is Muir doing? The RSPCA should get rid of him and replace him with someone who is actually concerned about horse welfare.

Do the RSPCA ever put down a healthy animal?

paulostermeyerpaulostermeyer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4609

I completely agree with the first three paragraphs of Stilvi’s post.

The BHA has no authority, no credibility as it kowtows to anybody prepared to say boo to it.

I despair for the future of racing – if it has a future and frankly the way I feel at the moment I actually would not shed a tear if the sport disappeared tomorrow.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

An organisation as feeble as the PJA has make you look stupid.

Do you REALLY think the PJA come out of this looking smart?

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5767

People blame the ‘BHA’ when it’s perfectly obvious from all the man says and does that Paul Roy is an autocrat, and, more dangerously, a deluded autocrat.

Having blamed everyone but himself in his RP interview earlier this year, he is now driven by the winds of ‘popular opinion’ while trying to establish some shred of credibility – an impossible ambition.

Let’s hope an element within the BHA’s structure can be found to allow the ‘crew’ to relieve the captain of his post by reason, perhaps, of insanity.

#ahouseformrbittar

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

I agree Roy’s position is completely untenable, and that he should just surrender his post with immediate effect. If he had any backbone at all he would never have gone with these unworkable rules from the outset, let alone in the days preceding the richest day’s racing this country has ever seen, effectively turning it into a laughing stock.
    I hope Mr Bittar is everything Roy isn’t.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.