The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Beyondtemptation

Home Forums Memorials Beyondtemptation

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    michael80
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 295

A fatal faller at Hexham tonight

Participant
    • Total Posts 960

Nooooo!!!

A fantastic servant for a trainer who has very few winners. I had planned to tape tonight’s Hexham meeting just to see her run but I wasn’t sure when I would have time to watch it. I’m glad I didn’t.

Absolutely gutted. Always wore her heart on her sleeve. RIP.

Downpayment
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 33

I heard this poor mare was in foal too – can anyone verify this?

Participant
    • Total Posts 960

I don’t know if she was in foal but the rest is absolute nonsense.

She fell at the third, hardly the sign of a knackered horse. She’d just had one of the best wins of her career(15 in total) so why shouldn’t she keep going?

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1874

Indeed, any chance mods could remove Downpayment’s post and ban the user? What a ridiculous, inappropriate and plain wrong thing to say. It would be awful if anyone connected to the horse saw that message.

Beyondtemptation ran her best race for years last time out and was a terrifically hardy and geniune mare adored by connections. Regular rider Tommy Dowson was in bits post-race.

Being in foal had nothing to do with the accident and was just an even sadder post-script to one of the saddest things I’ve seen on a racecourse in a long while.

honeysdad
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

I agree with Lostsoldier.Very rare that a horses death affects me as it has heaven only knows how connections must feel.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16969

Such sad news and can’t stop thinking about how connections must be feeling with the loss of their precious mare and her foal.
    Sometimes mares will run better while in foal and all care would have been taken regarding their welfare, its just one of lifes heartbreaking turn of events where joy turns to tragedy in a heartbeat.
    All thoughts with those who loved and cared for her.

RIP Beyondtemptation

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 16969

Beautiful tribute from her Owner/Trainer Jonathan Haynes on RP site today :heart:

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/owner-trainer-jonathan-haynes-pays-tribute-to-northern-darling-beyondtemptation/381911

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Sad for Tommy as well, after the high of Lady Buttons winning an award the other day. [the bit about the mare and her mum being buried next to each other has left me in bits; heartbreaking…]

Participant
    • Total Posts 960

That was a wonderful read and a heartbreaking one as well.

And well done the RP for covering a horse who wasn’t a star but had many admirers.

Still gutted.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7604

Moe, it was the photo of her owner leading her off the back of the quad in an old headcollar and a bit of blue rope with her ears happily pricked that got me. RIP the little queen of Hexham.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.