The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair Hurdle 2015

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Betfair Hurdle 2015

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

JOLLY’S CRACKED IT 16/1

Novices have good record in race while trainer got Actival unless ground is deep that horse not run.And my bet has good form on a good mark for handicap debut.

• Total Posts 15012

Fascino Rustico for me Darren, also at the 16’s, really like this horse, and he impressed me last time.

• Total Posts 15012

He’s in the same boat as my other fancy, Fascino Rustico, in that he’s way down the bottom, and may not get in, but after today, considering taking a chance on

Karezak

at the 25’s.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Not a difficult race for me this as I always follow Nicky Henderson here,his main hope would be ‘Sign of a victory’ 12/1 but the handicapper might just have his measure off 149,he’s No ‘MTOY’ who incidentally won this off the same mark a horse rated some 20lb higher now.
    I like both the Simon Munir horses

Dawalan

20/1 and

Vasco du Ronceray

,you can guarantee one has been targeting this so I’ve backed both. :wink:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

It’s probably best to look for a well-handicapped horse here.

Calipto, Activial and Goodwood Mirage are certainly in that category, but I’ll want to see whether the ground firms up a bit before getting involved.

BiscuitmanTom
    • Total Posts 7

Does anyone else think Arzal has a chance here? Interesting Jockey booking and is a horse that ticks all the right boxes.
    I might be totally wrong but at a big price looks interesting.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

I’m hoping Chieftains Choice lines up.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Calipto looks poor value to me. He was one of my Cheltenham lays last season and his second place last time out behind Tiger Roll, when odds on favourite, doesn’t read well after that horse was pulled up next time and then looked totally out of his depth in two runs behind Hurricane Fly. 5/1 seems pretty skinny to me in such a wide open affair.

Activial looks the obvious one in some ways, he’s young and ran a big race in The Ladbroke when finishing third with Pine Creek just ahead of him. You would think the younger horse should reverse placings with Pine Creek this time. 7/1 is too short for me though.

There’s only one horse for me at the odds and it’s Sign Of A Victory. He travelled OK behind Faugheen last time but found very little at the business end of the race. Several people thought he ran too bad to be true but he was facing higher rated horses in Faugheen and Purple Bay who were the 1-2. Time may show he just had too much on his plate. Top weight against lesser horses may just be his game and his cheeky win over Dawalan would have made him a warm order here if he hadn’t had the Christmas Hurdle run in between races. A touch of class and 12/1 looks more than fair to me.

V for Victory

Sign Of A Victory 12/1

to pay for the Valentines Day flowers and chocolates :P

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

strawbear
    Participant
    • Total Posts 229

Balgarry and Amore Alto for me. Was really taken by Balgarry’s Ascot comeback run and has had a nice 5 week break from his last run and could take a bit of pegging back.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Unoriginal I know but Calipto for me….

Of the others at the head of the market….he’s ran against Actival twice before and finished comfortably ahead so see no logical reason why he shouldn’t do so again…

Sign Of A Victory has to be respected having been very impressive beating Dawalan a couple of runs back….149 on possible testing ground though I feel might just be a tough ask…

One I fancy could get in the shake up at a bigger price is Goodwood Mirage…..a bit to find with Actival from when they last met but is better off….could be interesting in 1st time blinkers and the resurgence of the Jonjo team must give him a squeak….again though as with Sign Of A Victory, I’d be far happier backing on better ground…

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Cracking shout with Goodwood Mirage, Zamorston. As you say, the ground could be against him, but you’ve got to think there’s a big handicap hurdle in him. Winning as cosily as he did with McCoy barely able to move at Wetherby early in the season was very impressive.

I’d take a "held up, headway 4 out, no impression" en route to the County Hurdle or Aintree if the ground is worse than good-to-soft here.

Oscar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 145

Does anyone else think Arzal has a chance here? Interesting Jockey booking and is a horse that ticks all the right boxes.
    I might be totally wrong but at a big price looks interesting.

Last year’s renewal was won by Splash Of Ginge, another front-running novice ridden by a 7 pound claimer at 33/1. Worth a punt with his first time tongue-tie, I should think.

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

Amore Alato looks massive to me at 20s….

Has beaten Fascino R giving 8lb as a novice. Can’t see this being out of the first 4

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Sign Of A Victory has been pulled out with a Vet’s certificate and that takes a lot of the interest out of the race for me.

There’s been a fair bit of cash for On Tour but I am going in on

Activial

now that he’s hit 8/1 in Sign Of A Victory’s absence.

Sire De Grugy

at 5/4 in the Game Spirit is the main bet of the day. Hopefully Christmas is in February this year. :D

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Fair enough run from Activial but he needs further by the look of it today. Wouldn’t have picked the winner with ten goes but good luck to anyone who found him.

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

Funny days racing at Newbury. Seemed to pay to be near the pace most of the time.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.