The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair Exchange Movers

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Betfair Exchange Movers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

* Deleted.

arkle55
    • Total Posts 114

CAVELINO
    Nice post, may i ask.
    How many points must a horse move in the betting market before it is classed as a steamer or a drifter.

Thank you
    Paul

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I suggest you read the man’s post Paul.

C.R. would you agree that in many of the above cases the sample size is too small to have statistical significance?

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

I wouldn’t be betting blindly on anything in there carvills. There are dozens and dozens of different possible reasons why the results have turned out the way they have. I think statistical significance would vary from trainer to trainer and jockey to jockey. You’d certainly want to be following racing on a fairly regular basis to be able to draw any firm conclusions from it. That said the case against Culhane as a betting proposition on drifters is compelling imo.

I’m only going to leave this up for a day or two, so copy and paste quickly if anyone wants to keep it.

arkle55
    • Total Posts 114

I suggest you read the man’s post Paul.

C.R. would you agree that in many of the above cases the sample size is too small to have statistical significance?

CARVILLSHILL
    I did read the post.Maybe you could explain abit more

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.