The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair enquiry, help!!

Home Forums Horse Racing Betfair enquiry, help!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    dwl
    • Total Posts 6

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.

Hello all,

I’ve been struggling with something for a few hours. Basically, when laying against an outcome through Betfair when we specify our odds are we able to tailor the Betfair engine so that it only lays when the odds reach a certain figure which is WORSE than their current value.

I.E if a horse is available to lay at 5.5 now can I leave an unmatched lay bet at odds of 10.

Also, are the odds entered pre-race available in the "in-running"market by default? If not, is there a way to sidestep this.

When I try to do this currently it matches my bet automatically as the liability is lower at 5.5 than at 10 and thus it assumes it’s a ‘better’ bet for me.

If this is unclear at all I’ll give an example;

Before going to work at 9am I want to back Red Rum in the 4.10 at Fontwell at 5’s.

He’s an erratic sort so I want to place an insurance Lay bet so that if after a few furlongs he’s trailing behind and the market doesn’t fancy him anymore I can recover some of my stake as the market drifts.

I’d like my lay bet to be picked up at the point where my initial odds have doubled (10) and not before.

Is there ANY way to do this without watching in-running? Using a bot or some software is something I’m interested in, does anybody have suggestions for a simple sub-£100 suite?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.