The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair Discontinue In – Running Betting

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Betfair Discontinue In – Running Betting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    eddie case
    • Total Posts 1214

Their reasoning is this:

"Given the combination of varying picture delays to which many customers are now subject and the particular sensitive nature of in-running racing, as of today’s date we will no longer offer racing in-running. We may review this if circumstances change".

However this only applies to greyhound racing. How can the same reasoning not be applied to horse racing with much more money involved and even hurdles and fences to jump?

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8979

Either –

Someone’s been ‘at it’.

Or maybe precisely

because

of the weight of money you refer to Eddie.

Excellent question though.

Tuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

I suppose the only justification for this rule applying to greyhound racing rather than horseracing would be the relatively short duration of greyhound races where a time delay of a few seconds could make an enormous difference.

Having said that, I would personally be in favour of abandoning ‘in-running’ betting altogether.

ricky lake
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2999

agree Tuffers , is not a level playing field , those guys on track paying 60 per cent premium , with real time pictures , hold all the aces …the stay at home punter is being fleeced full stop (imo)

Racing still has a lot of losing victims

Ricky

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1508

I nearly fell through the floor when I read Eddies Thread title,geezus wept,thank goodness its only Greyhounds,I Play/Lay daily,just to rustle up a ton! True though what you say Ricky about the On-Course players,I’ve been in there watching them,different league to me I’m afraid,Its like buying money though when you have plenty to speculate with.These guys will lay something at 5/1 for a Monkey whereas I’m trying to lay something at Evs or less for £50,I dodge away though! 8)

JJMSports
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2033

Generally in National Hunt racing, more money staked In Running than pre race. Would you want to give up that commission?

Purwell
    Participant
    • Total Posts 827

They never have offered "in running" on greyhounds.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.