The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

BEST UK FLAT MEETING

Home Forums Horse Racing BEST UK FLAT MEETING

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Gav1584
    • Total Posts 43

Went to my first big meeting last year the Epsom derby and loved it. Going to the grand national now that iv got a taste for it but i think i like the flat better. was going to go to another flat meeting this year. just wondering what people thought. [Guineas, a day at roal ascot, the king georege queen elizabeth stakes, maybe the arc in france] any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’ve been to Newmarket on Guineas day a couple of times and don’t like it at all. Royal Ascot is always going to be close to the top of any ‘to do’ list, but I’d walk to York (if I had to) to attend the Ebor meeting.

When the sun’s out it’s a wonderful place to be.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1374

The Ebor meeting in York is very much worth attending. Then again now they have decided to race on the Saturday, I’m not so sure how enjoyable the meeting will be now.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 438

Chester and/or York in May. Both excellent meetings.

birdsnest
    • Total Posts 17

York in this country but if you can get to the Arc do it , the racing on the Saturday is good quality and the crowds havent arrived yet !!!

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

……. but if you can get to the Arc do it , the racing on the Saturday is good quality and the crowds havent arrived yet !!!

Absolutely agree with that.

Best UK day for me is day one of Royal Ascot, arguably the best card of the week but the quietest day in terms of crowds.

Hate Chester with a vengeance and only go there if I have to, similarly would not touch York Saturday meetings with a barge pole.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Photo finish between day one of Royal Ascot and the York May meeting. Either well worth a trip, hoping to do the former this year!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.