The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Beltor

Home Forums Memorials Beltor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

Fatal fall at Worcester today. Seems to have been around for years and was 6th in a Triumph Hurdle back in the day. He’s been at Robert Stephens’ yard since 2015. They must be devastated.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4168

He took off too early and landed right on the French style hurdle. Not really a chance to survive, as he could only move his had. That was the last thing the TV pictures had shown of him.
    A very sad end for a former winner of the Adonis…..
    May he rest in peace, though I’ve written this sentence way too many times in the past 3-4 months.

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

Poor Beltor. I think the breeder or his family owned him for most of his life, although I’m not certain.

Ridiculous number of horses dying lately – maybe it’s just perception but there seems to have been a huge number the last few months.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

I don’t think it’s our imagination Bonanzaboy. Question is, why isn’t there an investigation? I wouldn’t include poor Beltor’s death as it was obviously a bad fall (thankfully I didn’t see the race) but the number of horses breaking down on the flat really does raise some serious questions

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.