The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

becher chase

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion becher chase

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2268

whose your fancies for this in this years renewal i like bewleys berry can anyone tell me more about pak jack?

vf

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

edited

Participant
    • Total Posts 2268

back ot the topic the becher chase fancies?

• Total Posts 434

Hi all, i myself am going to back 2 those being Dunbrody Millar and one who has been for me in the doldrums lately but could still pop up at somepoint Royal Auclair, so will have a small E/W although i must stress that he is more in hope than expectation.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

one who has been for me in the doldrums lately but could still pop up at somepoint Royal Auclair,

There was certainly some hope to be derived from his cross country chase performance last time – might even have frightened Spot Thedifference with more luck in running. There are worse longshots.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

martin day
    • Total Posts 16

i hear thunder, for me

• Total Posts 1982

Haven’t really had a chance to look at this race in too much detail. My record tipping horses over the Aintree fences is appalling. :)

Silver Jack is a sound jumper and runs well fresh – looks decent value at 16s.

Last years Sefton winner I Hear Thunder should be sharper after a recent spin over hurdles. Should go well at best priced 11/1.

• Total Posts 90

I bet Bewleys Berry in the National and I was slightly upset when he came to grief when seemingly going comfortably. Tempted to go in for him again to redeem himself!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I Hear Thunder ought to have to have a shout in this.
    Won the Grand Sefton last year over a trip short of his best, acts on the likely soft ground, and his trainer has obviously had this race in mind, else why would have sent him from Dorset to Aintree for his warm-up over hurdles?

chipmunk
    • Total Posts 84

if it helps anyone these 10 year trends could help,
    9/10 were rated between 121-147
    8/10 were aged 8-9-10
    7/10 carried less than 11 stone
    7/10 were placed in at least 2 from last 3 runs
    6/10 were placed last time out.
    im on silver jack (took 25/1) and briery fox as these two come out top using these trends, cipmunk

zome
    • Total Posts 232

Do i even need to answer?

Participant
    • Total Posts 54

i agree with getting on royal auclair at about 25.0 on betfair – a graet deal of encouragement from last run and he has been slowly slipping down the handicap.

le duc was 9/4 fav for that race at cheltenham and fell when closing, and although he doesn’t always complete, he has run some sound races at aintree and think should also be covered.

The hope is that there are no real improving types and the experienced old timers get in the mix – think they might be value.

I’m of the opinion that bewleys berry doesn’t like it too soft, so assuming genuine good to soft ground i’m not backing it at 6/1 first time out.

Anzum
    • Total Posts 256

After having backed Dunbrody Miller at 33/1 when he won last season over the big fences at Aintree, I’ll have to stay loyal to him today. Seems to love the fences, only 10 stone 5 on his back and a decent run for a long way at Wincanton last time. He’s certainly value at around 10/1.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Cracking performance by the winner having only his 5th chase start- he jumped beautifully and showed tenacity to hold off my bet Bewley’s Berry.The 16/1 for the National makes little appeal though, given his inexperience- he had plenty of room to measure his fences today with all the fallers (only 7 finished) but he’s a top prospect.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.