The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ballymore Winter Novice Hurdle 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ballymore Winter Novice Hurdle 2020

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 195

I think Valleres is the horse to beat here, missed out on the 7/1 but have took the 9/2 bog which still represents pretty good value in this race for me.

Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1382

As soon as Star Gate passed the post at Chepstow, I scribbled “Winter Novice Hurdle, Sandown” in my notebook. Cannot oppose him today.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 195

He was certainly highly impressive that cannot be denied. The form of the Evan Williams stable is very off putting for me. No winners from his last 45 runners and only 3 winners from 90 runners since November, that combined with he would be the least experienced runner to have ever won this race were he successful today makes me keen to take him on here.

Nicholls appears pretty confident in the chances of Sending Love but the swinger for me is Alan Kings amazing record in this race having won 5 of the last 11 runnings. Valleres was very impressive on hurdles debut and although he was a disappointment last time when only 2nd hopefully that was either down to the good ground or a possible bounce on his 2nd run back. He won his point to point on very testing ground so am hoping he can resume progress with today’s conditions and bounce back and prove to be a hurdler with considerable talent. Should be an interesting little race whatever happens.

Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1382

Oh, I’d certainly agree that Evan Williams’ stable form is a major concern- he had two short-priced favourites turned over at Market Rasen yesterday- but the horse created such a deep impression on debut.

Down to just the three runners now.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 195

The Evan Williams drought just ended in the 2:05 Exeter.

Captain Robbo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 195

Impressive again.

Gladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1382

“Challow Hurdle, Newbury” has gone in the notebook.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.