The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ballycassidy…

Home Forums Horse Racing Ballycassidy…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2440

Have a good retirement.

Has been a very good horse for connections.

:)

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7922

so glad I was there when he won at Kelso; what a little star he is!

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

First I’ve heard of this. Lovely bold horse, a joy to watch when he was at his best. I hope he has a happy retirement.
    I can imagine it’s a bittersweet day for Zome. :wink:

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

I was just thinking that, Friggo.

Hopefully Messrs Fullgar and Owens will keep or send the old boy someplace where Zome and his other adoring fans can visit.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Good news indeed, a well-deserved retirement for a really beautiful mannered horse.

He was never any trouble to look after except for the fact that he wasn’t fussed on his hay.

Colin

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 914

awww its great to see him and sir rembrandt retire in one piece happy retirement old fellow

vf

zome
    • Total Posts 232

The old chap is staying at Peter Bowen’s for his well deserved retirement. A statement from Roddy Owen is on Ballycassidy’s facebook group. I’ll quote it on here later (Not allowed on facebook at work – dammit!).

It’s very bittersweet for me yes! Gutted, but relieved that he’s safe and will hopefully have a long and happy retirement out grazing at the Bowen’s.

Well done Bally… the greatest horse ever in my eyes!

Kautostar1
    • Total Posts 384

Ohhh i’ve just realised Zome is Meelee? i know someone on myspace who is Ballycassidys biggest fan and thinking it’s Zome if they are as gutted… I’m talking nonsense :? :? :roll:

Yes, so sad not to see him in the national this year but very glad he’s going to get a chance to enjoy his retirement. :D :D :D Grand horse he is.

OK! Just seen Zomes signature….. it is meelee :D :D

zome
    • Total Posts 232

Yes, Zome/Meelee… i’m the same person :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.