The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ballybrowney Bird

Home Forums Memorials Ballybrowney Bird

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

A second one lost at Tipperary today. Fell at the last in the 3.55pm race and broke a front leg. RIP, little one. :(

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

This was really upsetting – it was a horrible fall and the poor horse tried to get up then realised he couldn’t. He just sat there waiting for some-one to help him. I thought his front leg must be broken but so hoped he would be ok.

• Total Posts 433

Horrid fall, the poor boy never took off at the final fence. Think this was his first race, too. RIP lad :(

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

It was his first race under rules but he’d run in points. Only placed once, won no money. Maybe he just wasn’t meant to be a racehorse. Whole thing very upsetting.

• Total Posts 433

I realized that he had run in points this morning when I was looking at another website. I’m afraid I wept most of last evening at your first report of his fall. So upsetting to think of him just sitting there waiting, poor boy.

Bonanzaboy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 473

Didn’t mean to upset you Reetlass. I probably endow horses with human feelings, which I shouldn’t do. It’s because I get so upset too. He wasn’t a famous horse so his passing goes un-noticed by most, so I suppose I just want to ensure he gets some kind of recognition, which is what this site does. I hope he was loved.

bigstan80
    • Total Posts 14

rip little one,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.