The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

azertyuiop  is happy and not forgotten..

Home Forums Horse Racing azertyuiop  is happy and not forgotten..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    becksterbeckster
    • Total Posts 292

hi just to let you all know or anyone that wants to know the former queen mother champiuon is happy and well and even returned to cheltenham this week on the champion chase day, to parade with his old rival moscowflyer…………:)

becksterbeckster
    • Total Posts 292

also he is fresh and well did anyone see him on the wedensday of cheltenham? if so what vdid you think, he is a true champion who waent ready to quit…..

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Hi beckster – great to hear that Azerty is fit and well.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

My racing inexperience comes to the fore here, but what injury did/does Azertyioup (sp?) have to cause him to be retired?

becksterbeckster
    • Total Posts 292

hi he struck into his tendon on the last race when narrowly beaton by wellcheif.he was treated and nursed back to health for 16months, and was fit to return, however returned to training and sustained a new injuery on same leg, so it was deceided to let him retire on a high rather than ending on a low,  rather than return not his true champion self, he is dearly looked after and loved, and nearly ready to go out to grass, and god knows he deserves it………….:biggrin:

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

did he do the tendon again on the same leg? was he fired?<br>i have an ex race horse who has been fired and is now coming back into work myself so fingers crossed everything goes ok!

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

was he fired?

No

unless it was for misconduct, i think he deserved to keep his place in the stable

:biggrin:

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

clivex, im not sure if your pulling my leg! but firing is a method used to ‘mend’ the tendon involving hot metal irons held against the leg

becksterbeckster
    • Total Posts 292

was the same leg,but he didunt need to prove himself anymore, so no he wasent fired as he wouldent be happy if he wasent to be back at the top,he went out a true champ and now hes getting treated like a king and soon go out to holidaying in the feild, will put pic up here at some point,was very sad to take him to cheltenham as  he wanted to race and did not want to leave the track, but he had a nice day out, and was happy to see all the people with pats for him x

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

beckster what on earth does firing have to do with whether he would be happy being back at the top?

becksterbeckster
    • Total Posts 292

his injury was very low down in his deep flexor tendon by his angular ligament so could not be fired! He was in great order when he went back to Pauls he had been up Heather Daltons gallops and had a clear scan, i dont know what happened but he only lasted 7 days when he received his new injury!!!!!! He should never have run at sandown he was telling you he wasnt right at cheltenham but it was out of my hands i tried!!!!!!!!!        <br>

(Edited by beckster at 9:57 pm on Mar. 19, 2007)

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

So do you think his injury was a result of having a hard season then? i thought Paul would put him away after he ran at cheltenham. <br>is he just going to be a pet now, or is he going to learn a new trade?

becksterbeckster
    • Total Posts 292

well he may and should have gone to rest after chelt but there was still the champion trainer to be acheived1!!!!!!!!not bsure what happens next

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

oh yes, i remember now!!!<br>champion trainer acheived, champion chaser ruined

becksterbeckster
    • Total Posts 292

yes exactly that is why ive added him to this site as ive read so many tributes and statemeants about him and just wanted to get the story straight…..x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.