The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ayr Silver Cup 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ayr Silver Cup 2020

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

You rarely get an Antepost market for this, for obvious reasons, but I’d be mad keen on Get Knotted, if he missed the cut for the big one….

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/3/ayr/2020-09-19/765071

No rush then, but early shortlist…

Atalanta’s Boy
    Arbalet
    Get Knotted
    Rathbone

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

All four of the shortlist stand their ground, which isn’t really what I wanted.

I’m quite happy to go with a couple of them though.

I’ll definitely be with Get Knotted as the main selection, and swaying towards Arbalet as backup.

Get Knotted EW 6 Places

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4645

Very open contest. My top rated is Wasntexpectingthat, but he’s been off since March and no strong recommendation from previous form off a break.

ADMIRALITY (14/1) – Decent from at a similar level and likely to be thereabouts for a trainer I have lot of time for.

ILLUSIONIST (50/1) – Really can’t believe the price for this one and I just had to have a dig. Not been beaten too far in any of his races, conditions don’t look to be an issue, looks well weighted and this more-or-less Class 3 level shouldn’t be a problem. Ran a cracker in a big field on return this season, so field size not a problem.

RATHBONE (11/1, 12/1 in a place) – Recorded a season’s best off wind surgery last tiem, and his form before that put him in the mix here anyway. Would probably want the ground to dry a bit, but it’s warm and sunny in Scotland right now (believe me, it is!) and has been for a couple of days.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5988

ATLANTAS BOY 10/1 my bet here

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208

Atalanta’s Boy ew 5 places

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17761

Still swaying towards Arbalet as the backup, but still haven’t ruled out Atalanta’s or Rathbone.

Topped up a few quid more on Get Knotted, think he’s overpriced.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7604

Anyone who knows me knows I’m not a favourite backer, especially in a 25 runner sprint handicap,
    but I’ll make an exception on this occassion with Kings Lynn. I think he looks
    like the proverbial Group Horse in a handicap. I should have been in a bit sharper for the 5/1
    but I still think the 7/2 on offer is decent value.

Kings Lynn 7/2 Bet365

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Show Me Show Me win

Drawn low but away from the rail.
    Much of the form is 2yo at a higher level and 8th at Ascot reads well.
    Stable coming to hand in a big way now.
    Jockey scored yesterday.
    As you say, Kings Lynn winlooks the proverbial group horse

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3922

How come the going is still the same as 4 days ago, they have had sunshine and no rain at all ?

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

Watering maybe? I’ve no idea. But the ground has to be maintained.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4645

Listening to the ground report from the course it seems there’s plenty if moisture in the air overnight. Ground doesn’t change rapidly at Ayr, as it seems to hold the moisture. Going stick reading very little difference so no reason to doubt the report, and Ayr going tends to be accurate.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208

Think you may want to be drawn high. Which is what put me off King’s Lynn so I went for Atalanta’s Boy. He may have the class to overcome it, but won’t be easy from there if high numbers have it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.