Ayr Gold Cup 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ayr Gold Cup 2019

This topic contains 67 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  buckers 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1088

4th. Thatll do. Wd winners.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15769

Good shout Rob, hope you were on.

robnorth
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4242

A small tickle but not enough as usual.

I’m using a simple method to crack these big handicaps which used to be a mystery to me. Just knock out any horses that haven’t won at least once in their last 3 races. Doesn’t work every time, but it eliminates a lot of the deadwood. In this case it reduced the field down to 9* I was interested in including the first two both at 28/1. Used speed figures to shorten the list to a manageable level.

*Ended up as 8 since Air Raid was a non-runner.

Blank from 5 qualifiers in the Silver Cup, but in the Bronze Cup yesterday Music Society at 20/1 from 6 runners.

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 833

Well done winners.

Chivers1987
    Chivers1987
    Participant
    • Total Posts 876

Well done profiteers. Really not sure what to make of that, a very strange race. :unsure:

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 537

Not a race I normally have on my radar this one but it definitely is now after that. Angel Alexander actually covered all those trends except the note on the top 3 highest numbered drawn.

One missed for this year maybe but will keep this firmly in mind for next year.

What I like about the trends is the strength of the one looking for improving horses rather than well handicapped horses. Not often I’ve come across such a strong trend like that in a Heritage Handicap.

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 833

I just wish that Growl ran straight and followed Major Jumbo on that side of the track instead of losing many lengths by tracking over to the other side group. Surely he would have won had he have done that.

The winner deserved it as the jockey and connections were brave and ran straight but I cant help but think of what could have been had Growl done the same.

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 441

That was a fine shout Rob, well done

Viewing 8 posts - 61 through 68 (of 68 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.