The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Atlantic Jewel

Home Forums Horse Racing Atlantic Jewel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    JollypJollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

If you havn’t heard of her you soon will.The Mark Kavanagh trained, Coolmore owned Fastnet Rock 3yo filly won todays $500 000 Group 1, 1600m Caulfield Guineas in a canter;4 starts for 4 wins.She is being called potentially the best filly at a mile plus for the last 35 years in Australia.Her trainer has won a Melbourne Cup,Cox Plate both within the last 3 years and says she has done things he hasn’t seen another horse do and says she is the best he has trained.She only had her first start 7 weeks ago and if a late entry fee was paid for the Cox Plate the consensus is that she would start favourite which is unheard of for a 3yo filly with only 4 starts.

JollypJollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

This filly is going to be almost as big as Black Caviar,won today with 58kgs in the Group Wakeful stakes by 7 lengths eased down,will canter in next Thursdays Oaks.5 of 5 Absolute world class filly,this one can run Frankel’s distance.

GodolphinArabianGodolphinArabian
    • Total Posts 275

Very Very Nice filly and you watch black caviar’s connections avoid this match up…

JollypJollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Very Very Nice filly and you watch black caviar’s connections avoid this match up…

Atlantic Jewel will go around and walk in the 2400m Oaks so they dont even race near the same distances and Black Caviar hasn’t hidden from any horse so i am not sure what your point is…

JollypJollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

And Atlantic Jewel is Coolmore owned and they are already talking that she may be racing over there next season,on what she has shown they wont be shying away from Frankel.Anyone thinking that is aiming a little too high watch todaysGroup 2 Wakeful Stakes before judging she carried 4kg over the limit beat group winners by 7 lengths and had quite a few lengths up her sleeve.

Barakey
    • Total Posts 6

Jolly P you’ve got it spot on. If she stays sound, I’ve no doubt she’ll go on to be one of the best of all time, anywhere in the world. She is devastating everywhere from 1200 to 2500. I’ve never seen one quite like her and I’ve seen a fair few. To go from 1100m to 1200m to 1400m to a mile, 2000m and finally 2500m and win in such arrogant and breathtaking fashion is simply stunning. When you think about the likes of Black Caviar and Frankel who have both been so dominant, they’ve only been dominant over 1200m and a mile respectively so far. She looks like she could tango with any horse between 1400m and 2400m anywhere in the world. When you think she’s only a 3 year old who’s had 5 starts as well it’s just beyond belief. Perhaps she can improve even more as a four year old. Scary stuff to be honest. I could tell she was something very special after her second win at Moonee Valley and since then she’s come and absolutely embarrassed some high quality fillies. I feel sorry for the males who are going to take her on at a later date. Just have to hope she stays well because it is a surreal privilege to see her race. I hope she stays in Australia for another season but Coolmore probably have other ideas because they’ve got any race they want at their mercy!

JollypJollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Jolly P you’ve got it spot on. If she stays sound, I’ve no doubt she’ll go on to be one of the best of all time, anywhere in the world. She is devastating everywhere from 1200 to 2500. I’ve never seen one quite like her and I’ve seen a fair few. To go from 1100m to 1200m to 1400m to a mile, 2000m and finally 2500m and win in such arrogant and breathtaking fashion is simply stunning. When you think about the likes of Black Caviar and Frankel who have both been so dominant, they’ve only been dominant over 1200m and a mile respectively so far. She looks like she could tango with any horse between 1400m and 2400m anywhere in the world. When you think she’s only a 3 year old who’s had 5 starts as well it’s just beyond belief. Perhaps she can improve even more as a four year old. Scary stuff to be honest. I could tell she was something very special after her second win at Moonee Valley and since then she’s come and absolutely embarrassed some high quality fillies. I feel sorry for the males who are going to take her on at a later date. Just have to hope she stays well because it is a surreal privilege to see her race. I hope she stays in Australia for another season but Coolmore probably have other ideas because they’ve got any race they want at their mercy!

Wait until they see this one in Europe Barakey! Probably close to the best win in the world within the last 12 months though Danedream was good,i think Coolmore would be confidant up against Frankel,easily the best horse Coolmore have racing.And your namesake Barakey may be a freak as well 5 from 5 looks a superstar to me.

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1234

Lets hope that she does indeed come to Europe as it certainly is a mouthwatering prospect.
    Certainly won’t be investing on her beating Frankel though guys. He is not just the best around, but the best that has been around for a very, very long time.

JollypJollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Lets hope that she does indeed come to Europe as it certainly is a mouthwatering prospect.
    Certainly won’t be investing on her beating Frankel though guys. He is not just the best around, but the best that has been around for a very, very long time.

Coggy,i havn’t seen anything close to her from a mile to 10f here at this stage and i think she would knock over Frankel,though i would rather see Mark Kavanagh take her over but that wont happen it will be with AOB.

Barakey
    • Total Posts 6

Yeah they’d go wild for her over in Europe for sure. I think she’d certainly have Frankel’s measure over 2000m but he’d beat her over the mile at this stage of her career. Just reading an article in the Sydney Morning Herald saying she’s set to remain in Australia for the next couple of seasons so she might not be heading overseas after all which is great news from a southern hemisphere perspective. Problem is she’ll lack decent competition here from a mile to a mile and a half.

Yes Barakey is very smart indeed. Still learning the trade and he’ll improve with racing but he’s going places for sure. May well end up being better than Hay List and it’ll be interesting to see how close he can get to Black Caviar if they end up clashing in the Winterbottom next month.

jose1993
    • Total Posts 1228

Wait until they see this one in Europe Barakey! Probably close to the best win in the world within the last 12 months though Danedream was good,i think Coolmore would be confidant up against Frankel,easily the best horse Coolmore have racing.And your namesake Barakey may be a freak as well 5 from 5 looks a superstar to me.

Special filly, no doubt. I couldn’t say where the actual win fits in a world context, but she seemingly could have won any race on the Flemington card – be it the Salinger, Myer or the Victoria Derby.

Oaks on Thursday will be an exhibition gallop, apart from those of us who want 15% interest, :wink: and provided all goes well, watching her in February/March will be a treat for us winter hibernators in Britain.

JollypJollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Special filly, no doubt. I couldn’t say where the actual win fits in a world context, but she seemingly could have won any race on the Flemington card – be it the Salinger, Myer or the Victoria Derby.

Oaks on Thursday will be an exhibition gallop, apart from those of us who want 15% interest, :wink: and provided all goes well, watching her in February/March will be a treat for us winter hibernators in Britain.

Jose this one is incredible,when you consider that her first run was just over 9 weeks ago.As you mentioned she looks like she could have won any race on the card yesterday i havn’t seen anything like her before,yes the 15% is a gift.I would encourage anyone to have a look at the run and see for themselves.

Barakey
    • Total Posts 6

Wow what a shame she’s out of the Oaks on Thursday with a hamstring injury. The highs and low of racing huh. No good for those of us who took the $1.90 about her in the Oaks! Hopefully she recovers quickly and we see her back next February to sweep them all aside. Real shame for connections though.

JollypJollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

That is a shame Barakey,sorry for the misfortune of taking the $1.90 mate! They are a pretty good bunch on here though i am sure after the Black Caviar show they thought they would get a break :D But this one is special they dont give much feedback mate,its not a contest,hopefully we will get a few that watch her last couple of runs and give their opinion.

JollypJollyp
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Wow what a shame she’s out of the Oaks on Thursday with a hamstring injury. The highs and low of racing huh. No good for those of us who took the $1.90 about her in the Oaks! Hopefully she recovers quickly and we see her back next February to sweep them all aside. Real shame for connections though.

Barakey,double up mate on Americain,the draw is not perfect but Mosse is so good,he is the best bet in a big race i have ever seen!!! Just hope for a ‘fair’ run and we get the cash,he is that much better he doesn’t need a ‘good’ run.Get on people the cup is going back to France!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.