The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ashley Brook

Home Forums Horse Racing Ashley Brook

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    PerpetualPerpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Love this fella & great to see (well not actually see as no RUK :(  him back with a 20l win in the Hcp hurdle at Chelt today.  

The last time we saw him was Dec 05 when jt fav with & just beaten by Kauto Star in the Tingle Creek. I know it wasn’t chamionship form today but guess they’ll aim him at the QM now?

quixallcrossettquixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

I enjoyed it too ( you could watch the last race on RUK for free!) Fairly skipped along, hurdling with great enthusiasm & frankly won as he liked (hurray!). What you,ve got to remember is he’s 39lb better handicapped over hurdles than fences, but a great effort on his comeback.

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

I’ve been watching jump racing avidly since 1977 and I have to say this fella is quite possibly my favourite horse of all time. Let’s hope he has no flare up of his old injury and can go on to great things this spring.

PerpetualPerpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Quote: from quixallcrossett on 6:36 pm on Jan. 27, 2007[br]you could watch the last race on RUK for free!

Bugger – wished i’d known as have just had to spend 20p on the RP site! Well worth it though as it’s races & horses like this that make me love NH racing

PerpetualPerpetual
    Participant
    • Total Posts 432

Agree completely Rory & if he’d jumped the last better in the Arkle probably would be my favourite horse :biggrin:

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Don’t remind me ~ had backed him at every opportunity for the Arkle at big prices and would have had my biggest ever payout had he won.

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

i backed him too! was gutted, even thought he was going to get up again on the run in! i hope he comes back as good as ever, although i think his ultimate race could be the ryanair.

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Will definitely stay that trip ~ in fact I’ve backed him to win the Gold cup at enormous odds just in case he got an entry. One can but dream.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

He put them to the sword today didn’t he?<br>It was a good race to watch.  AB is no slouch, even in a hcap hurdle after a long break LOL

Lincoln Duncan
    • Total Posts 157

Ashley Brook is a mighty animal and certainly my favourite.

He’s hale and hearty after yesterday’s run, although until he goes up the vertiginous Spaxton all-weather in the next day or two we won’t know for sure whether his legs are troubling him. I doubt it, though, as he hasn’t had a moment’s worry with his leg all season.

The Champion Chase is there for the taking, and he’ll take it. He might get a Ryanair entry but I don’t imagine he’ll go for that.

(Edited by Lincoln Duncan at 9:13 pm on Jan. 28, 2007)

Emerald
    • Total Posts 66

After the fiasco of the previous race, this was worth waiting for.  Always love to see a horse come back so well from an injury. Was a nice article in last Friday’s Telegraph too about the owner – loyal to her horses and her trainer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.