The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ascot

Home Forums Horse Racing Ascot

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Would love to see her win but Finsceal Beo has to be the lay against Darjina surely?

Rahiyah must surely come on for seasonal debut too

Fascinating race, but this 4 th group one so quickly has to be an issue

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Alex Hammond, if she’s there.:cheesy:

Colin

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

Dylan Thomas for me needs further than 10f nowadays and he’s a lay given the strength of the opposition in the Prince Of Wales Stakes. Notnowcato beat him last time out and I give Manduro and – in particular – Red Rocks every chance of finishing ahead of him as well.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Have to agree with Gus that Dylan Thomas looks the most opposable favourite of the week. 11/4 is plenty short enough when his rivals look sure to include Red Rocks, Manduro, Notnowcato.

There’s also a chance the a plodder called Sir Percy could get in his way. :biggrin:

ClintM
    • Total Posts 237

Henrythenavigator in the Coventry. He was visually impressive in what looks to have been a  run-of-the-mill Maiden, which marked him down as more of a staying type, imho. I’m not sure if the helter-skelter of Tuesday’s 6f race is what he needs. Certainly Ladbroke’s 10/1 for next year’s Guineas is ridiculous.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Dylan Thomas also is one of those horses that needs the ground to be very firm. He wont get that on Wednesday.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I had DT down as one of my bankers for the week but I think I’ll hold back now. Obviously I’ll be expecting compensation if he wins.

George Washington is my lay of the week.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Notnowcato, never again will he finish in front of Dylan Thomas, I think Manduro will beat the 2 of them.<br>Warsaw was my original lay, but after Irish Jigs win yesterday, I am not so sure.

Well said Seabird, she is a bit of a fantasy bird for me, like that blonde one from ABBA, drooled over her even before my pubescent days.:cheesy:

Having said all that, have to keep eye out for the weather, could throw everything up in the air, if there is substantial downpours.

(Edited by madman marz at 9:53 am on June 18, 2007)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.