The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ascot Saturday Update

Home Forums Horse Racing Ascot Saturday Update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

The weather is fine, sunny and currently 12 degrees. There was a sharp shower around 06:00 which deposited 1mm of water on the course in addition to 4 mm of watering.

The going is still Good to Firm.

Going stick at 08:00 – 11.1 on the straight course and 9.4 on the round course.

Less scientifically it walks the same as yesterday.

All the main stands are fully booked, although there will be tickets on sale for the Heath (£7)

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Cheers, Paul.

Colin

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Weather update

One problem here at Ascot is the media centre is located under the Grandstand, very handy for the parade ring and weighing room – but it has no windows.

Having just popped outside for a leg stretch I discovered what was a sunny morning has now morphed into a very grey, very overcast morning and I even felt a few spots of rain.

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Ah, you should’ve popped up to the main press room – it has a balcony as well as windows!!! :P And free champagne!!! :P :lol:

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Ah, you should’ve popped up to the main press room – it has a balcony as well as windows!!! :P And free champagne!!! :P :lol:

It’s all down to the colour – I was a mere "blue" not one of the privileged "reds" :cry:

Although, of course, I was allowed on the balcony to peer into the inner sanctum. :)

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Ah, yes, there is that! Having the red did help somewhat, even if it earned the evil eye from those of my colleagues with yellows!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.