The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arkle 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Arkle 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 600 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I just don’t think beating Crack Away Jack and Tchico Polo was the greatest form in the world. However, I do admit he has better claims than most. He goes well at the track and is an improving type who is rightly the shortest price of the British brigade. It is difficult to compare the Irish and English form but I am taking the view that the irish form is better!

Here"s another "Head on the block statement" from the King of foresight! Sizing Europe has No chance of winning the Arkle,quite simply because he will be outpaced and his jumping will get caught out around the toughest course in the country!
    Captain Cee Bee on the other hand is a serious prospect and he will be the biggest danger to Somersby, Tataniano will go off like a scolded cat which will suit! I wont mention Mikael as he is much a 2 miler as i am a plonker!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

:lol: So basically its Captain Cee Bee (me) vs. Somersby (you)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Overall I feel the Irish form has a stronger look to it and it will take a special performance for anything to beat Captain Cee Bee.

I agree it will thm,Somersby is that horse,sometimes you have to be able to see the wood from the trees,Crack away jack and Tchico Polo have let the form down but i am looking at Somersby and everything about him,its the way he disposed of this pair after the last and the way he jumped like a stag around a testing course,he also has endless scope from that frame of his,you would expect further improvement to come and better ground will allow him to run up that Cheltenham hill like he did last year! I said it many times last year about Forpadydeplasterer being a natural for the Arkle at 20/1 and i feel the same about this fellow and have backed him at 25/1 20/1 and 16/1! PM me if you fancy your chances!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

thm just to let you know Somersby clocked 4m 1sec when completing the Supreme Nov hurdle on Gd/Sft ground,your Captain Cee Bee covered the same course in 4m 6sec on officially the same ground,that equates to approx 15 lengths!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

so i get 3/1 in a match bet? :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

so i get 3/1 in a match bet? :lol:

Evens soldier!

• Total Posts 1046

Captain Cee Bee fell.
    He loomed up at the last, much like Sizing Europe did, and fell over.

Sizing Europe, who hadn’t been foot perfect by any means, sailed over ears pricked and won the race.

Whilst Sizing is a shade on the elder side for a potential Arkle winner, the Captain will be a 9yo and, yep, he fell in his prep. He WILL win though. Course he WILL. Straight there with a racecourse gallop…Good luck, as they say, with that project.

People knock Sizing Europe when they see the name: Sizing Europe – knock. But he’s done nothing wrong (for a novice) over fences and I doubt he wished his Champion Hurdle injury upon himself for a laugh.

It’s still a little too early to have a bet imo, but got to love the nonsense talk when it appears at ANY stage of a season.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Who ever said Captain Cee Bee WILL win?

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Count me in! after Dave’s Dream’s complete flop….Don’t ask! unless Emma lavellle get’s a visit from the late Vincent O’Brien and some lessons from John Fancome on how to get a horse to jump Crack Away Jack will be winning nothing.

Horse came back after a long setback ran very ordinarily then looks like beating Sizing Europe.

Doesn’t need to improve much to win the Arkle on that basis does he?

• Total Posts 403

Here"s another "Head on the block statement" from the King of foresight! Sizing Europe has No chance of winning the Arkle,quite simply because he will be outpaced and his jumping will get caught out around the toughest course in the country!

How on earth is that a head on the block statement? Everyone knows the Arkle is run at a fast pace and the course itself is tough (although by no means the toughest in the country)
    This is exactly the sort of nonsense I read time after time about Tiday Bay before his Arkle.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

The difference is Tidal Bay had a serious engine!

Sizing Europe has the engine of a sowing machine!

Look at how easily Captain Cee Bee was travelling beside him! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

How on earth is that a head on the block statement? Everyone knows the Arkle is run at a fast pace and the course itself is tough (although by no means the toughest in the country)
    This is exactly the sort of nonsense I read time after time about Tiday Bay before his Arkle.

Give me one tougher course Euro? By the way,i have said the Arkle fav wont win all season,not just because the Captain was going to put him to the sword and you can be on the aftertiming bandwagon and say Sizing Europe is vulnerable!If every major Bookmaker makes him favourite,then i am putting my very knowledgeable head on the line! why dont you have a go and make a big statement?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Overall I feel the Irish form has a stronger look to it and it will take a special performance for anything to beat Captain Cee Bee.

PM me if you fancy your chances!

I like your confidence thm, an Even 100 euro"s is the bet then!
    None runner No bet!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I do believe you "fancied YOUR chances", not mise!!

Good luck!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I do believe you "fancied YOUR chances", not mise!!

Good luck!

thm,i do fancy my chances,i think Somersby has everything in his favour,on paper obviously!The Captain,as much as i respect him and as fine a beast to look at that he is,i just feel his injury cost him at a crucial time of his career!Dont let me put you off like!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Not at all :wink:

bees knees
    • Total Posts 16

have to agree,captain cee bee is the one they all have to beat and should be clear favourite in my eyes.just a sneaky outsider at massive prices is muirhead,who is set to go chasing after a dissapointing run at leopardstown recently.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 600 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.