The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arkle

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 172 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

I’d suggest he knows a fair bit. Times and analysis are useful for most, even if not for you Tiz.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

I thought the Irish Arkle looked a strong race and it’s not impossible the winner is a better horse than when it was beaten by Jonbon over hurdles at Aintree.

But it’s jumping wasn’t great at Leopardstown – if it jumps better it could be better still, but if it doesn’t it might not even get round.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

“That’s it then. We can all pack up and go home. Just give the trophy to El Fabiolos connections and tear up our tickets if we’re on anything else.”

Sectionals are about as useful as a hog roast at a vegan convention. ;o)

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

Ian- his jumping was sticky, but to me he just looks novicey, which is acceptable on his 2nd start over fences in a race run at a ferocious pace. Something Jonbon hasn’t proven yet is his ability to jump is a fast run race, which this will be. He’s dawdled round and finished fast. Obviously Jonbon’s jumping looks great, but El Fab’s shown he can deal with an error which i think is important.

Mike- you say this, but isn’t it helpful to know from times + sectionals that El Fab has proven he can jump in a fast run race?

Isn’t important to know that Facile Vega’s race wasn’t run “that” much faster than his Xmas win, and therefore you’d imagine there’s something else amiss?

Even if you aren’t using them for your betting, you can pick up some interesting info. I guess some know better.

Tizaaards Cider
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

Ok then Jack.

Does Mr Rowlands nail his colours to the mast with his selections based on time figures alone?

Can we get a list of the races he’s nominated a winner in based on the clock alone?

I’d be genuinely intrigued to see how it all unfolds.

I was going to say I’m not totally dismissive of times/sectionals but actually, I am.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

Not sure on his selection process- i don’t follow his selections anyway.

I’d imagine he does have a time influence on his selections…

Again, i’ve not once said use times for making your selections, not sure why me putting up a few snippets is such an issue lol.

It provides info on how the race unfolded. Sometimes the eyes fool you and you think the race is going fast/slow or whatever when its not.

:wacko:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

“Mike- you say this, but isn’t it helpful to know from times + sectionals that El Fab has proven he can jump in a fast run race?”

I could see it was fastly run and those few telling us on the TV that overall time was decent is ok. I just don’t need the Rowlands furlong to furlong percentages and graphs to assist in my decision making.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3887

Fair enough Mike- i’d prefer to actually know it was fastly run, than to trust the media men on the TV..

What about the Facile Vega part, im guessing you could tell it was not much faster than his xmas run? lol yeah…..

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Facile Vega run was all wrong regardless of pace, i believe he injured himself. Not an ideal prep.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Mick Fitzgerald was asked on SSR would he rather ride Jonbon or El Fabiolo.

Right, because he was really going to say El Fabiolo…

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Fitz must be high in line to inherit all of Hendos worldly possessions.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3467

Can definitely pack up and go home tiz, el fab regardless of what the bha say, has ran to 165 against that opposition based off that time, could still be a conservative figure

Jonbon wont find 7lbs next month, proximity to all the wrong horses in all the wrong races

He’ll win a formality on saturday, go into this fav and if saturdays irish arkle turns up, finish somewhere between fil dor and dublin city centre

Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Fitzgerald was also asked what he would ride in the Mares Hurdle between Honeysuckle and Maries Rock and in the Champion Hurdle between Constitution Hill and State Man.

You can guess the rest.

Although even Paul Townend would say Constitution Hill if he was being honest.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3467

Definitely wouldnt CAS, he’d pick state man lol

Participant
    • Total Posts 32124

Jonbon now down to one opponent today… :wacko:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3467

Hasnt a prayer

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Why Ham ?

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 172 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.