The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Are there any decent/affordable databases of past results?

Home Forums Horse Racing Are there any decent/affordable databases of past results?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    StuW
    • Total Posts 7

Does anybody know wher I can get a listing/database/spreadsheet that I could import into Excel that gives the details of:

1. Date
    2. Time
    3. Course
    4. Going
    5. Price
    6. Race type
    7. SP’s of winner – 5th placed runner.

Thanks in advance.

Charlie D
    • Total Posts 500
    graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Explanatory note to Excel novices: Pipe-delimited output does NOT means races are sorted according to whether or not the winner came from Pond House. :mrgreen:

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Yesterday, had anyone asked me if I knew any good Excel/National Hunt jokes, I would have had to reply that, sadly, I did not, and furthermore I would have seriously doubted whether that particular corner of civilisation could yield any humour whatsoever. Today I know differently. This forum continues to push back the boundaries of human knowledge.

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

Further to that Ara/gc, I did find myself wondering whether Excel Novices might be some kind of stakes events for very good but inexperienced horses…

If it was going to be very cold, maybe the host course could spread sheets on the take-off and landing areas…

I’ll get my coat![/color:1spgfbil] 8)

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

I was going to add to this thread but it seems that the Excel/National Hunt genre is indeed very limited.

Your excellent contribution is a fitting way to bring it to an end, Non Vintage.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.