The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

AON Chase

Home Forums Horse Racing AON Chase

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

No runners available for this yet which (I think) means that it has been reopened due to lack of entries. Are there too many 3m chases in the calender or is it a case of trainers preferring to protect handicap marks rather than win a Gr2 conditions chase?

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Kauto Star will be the reason (I assume he’s in the entries as this has been the target for a while).. No doubt the flying doctor will stick in a 90 rated chaser to spice things up a bit. :biggrin:

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>Just the 7 entries so far inc Kauto Star, Denman (only runs if KS doesn’t), L’Ami & Royal Auclair.

Fundamentalist & Take The Stand will both be added before 9.15am tomorrow according to the RP.

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

12 entries in total now, kauto star, royal auclair, sleeping night, denman, tango royal, tamarinbleu, fundamentalist, king harold, lami, billyvodden, reveillez, and korelo. i dont think any of them will worry kauto star

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Looking at that field it’ll be odds on him winning by 10 lengths… Good to see King Harold back though, a horse that won me a few quid in the past

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

yeah he should win doing handstands. king harold was one of the hype horses last year imo purely because he won at the 2005 festival carrying 10 stone beating lacdoudal with top weight. i would be suprised if he is good enough to win a handicap off his current mark

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Cashmans make Kauto a 1/4 shot, L’ami next best at 7/1. Tamarinbleu to place may be be worth a poke.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Kauto Star probably be able to fall, remount and still win this.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I don’t think they’d be best pleased with Ruby if he did!!

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

I’ve had a little on Denman at 32 on Betfair.

Nobody yet knows how good he is, except perhaps connections, and at that price, it seems to me to have merited a small speculative bet.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

He must be a 33’s chance to run.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I’d have to agree, considering Nicholls has a third of the field its highly unlikely!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.